+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else really enjoy that?

Anybody else really enjoy that?

Not the result obviously. But can't fault the effort, it was one way traffic most of the match, and not all hoofball either. The most I've enjoyed a City match for a long time.

Why oh why though does Mick insist on wasting Giles on the right? Credit to Brown though he put in some far better crosses than I'd have imagined he would.

Bowen did well too, and McGuinness and Pack had good games

Re: Anybody else really enjoy that?

From what I managed to watch on my dodgy stream (season ticket holder but can't walk at the moment) we could have easily won. The problem is we have limited quality and it's a results business. I can't see how anyone can have enjoyed that because we lost.

Just back. Thoroughly enjoyed the game. 100% effort from City, but when you lose Wilson, Ojo, et al, you're very limited in how you can play. I don't think City could have played any better, but defend the crosses and set pieces and you're 95%on the way to stopping City scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    From what I managed to watch on my dodgy stream (season ticket holder but can't walk at the moment) we could have easily won. The problem is we have limited quality and it's a results business. I can't see how anyone can have enjoyed that because we lost.
    You've never enjoyed a game we've lost? Having a few beers and a laugh with your mates, cheering the team on? Life's too short mate, it's just a game

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You've never enjoyed a game we've lost? Having a few beers and a laugh with your mates, cheering the team on? Life's too short mate, it's just a game
    Speaking of life's too short, Reading are the biggest time wasters I can remember seeing for a long long time, disgraceful.

We have an owner that knows feck all about football. We have a board that knows feck all about football.We have manager ,,trainer
    that knows a bit about football. what do you expect?

Hmmmm I get what you mean and I'd enjoy the overall experience with mates as you mentioned but for me I go to watch Cardiff win matches. Never been an "all about the taking part" type of guy.

Hmmmm I get what you mean and I'd enjoy the overall experience with mates as you mentioned but for me I go to watch Cardiff win matches. Never been an "all about the taking part" type of guy.
    So you'd want Cardiff to win but would enjoy the overall experience with your mates even if they didn't then

All you want is effort and commitment, losing with that gives you hope.

So you'd want Cardiff to win but would enjoy the overall experience with your mates even if they didn't then
    Depends what mood my mates are in 😂 but I read your post as if you enjoyed the game. I would have left the ground thinking," well that was ****ing frustrating and overall I didn't enjoy that 90 minutes". I wouldn't think, " but at least Darren made a cracking joke at 56 minutes". In waffling now😂 I wouldn't have enjoyed it overall. The end 😂

Depends what mood my mates are in �� but I read your post as if you enjoyed the game. I would have left the ground thinking," well that was ****ing frustrating and overall I didn't enjoy that 90 minutes". I wouldn't think, " but at least Darren made a cracking joke at 56 minutes". In waffling now�� I wouldn't have enjoyed it overall. The end ��
    �� yeah I did actually walk away from that having enjoyed the football, we were basically attacking for the entire second half and that was a pleasant change. It was frustrating though. Jeez what a waste of internet this little exchange has been

�� yeah I did actually walk away from that having enjoyed the football, we were basically attacking for the entire second half and that was a pleasant change. It was frustrating though. Jeez what a waste of internet this little exchange has been
    Hahaha nice chatting mate

No City fan can fault the effort of the team today.
    We lacked quality in the final 1/3 to open them up - that’s all we lacked today.
    Best in weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    No City fan can fault the effort of the team today.
    We lacked quality in the final 1/3 to open them up - that’s all we lacked today.
    Best in weeks.
    Against an average Reading team who have loads of injuries, not good enough.

I suppose it just goes to show how bad it has been that some enjoyed losing home to a midtable team.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I suppose it just goes to show how bad it has been that some enjoyed losing home to a midtable team.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I was thinking exactly that.

We lost at home to an injury ravaged, mid table Reading team. No, it wasn't as bad as losing 5-1 at Blackburn and being stuffed by West Brom but footballing wise it wasn't great. We could still be playing now and wouldn't have scored.

I think our expectations have diminished so much. It wasn't awful but let's be honest, Reading outside of their penalty area and one Hoilett shot were pretty awful and we still didn't create much.

Lots of shots which didn't threaten, decent pressure. I don't remember their keeper having much to do but act like he'd been shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I think our expectations have diminished so much. It wasn't awful but let's be honest, Reading outside of their penalty area and one Hoilett shot were pretty awful and we still didn't create much.

Lots of shots which didn't threaten, decent pressure. I don't remember their keeper having much to do but act like he'd been shot.
    He made a couple great saves in the second half and we hit inside of post - we should have scored really

We've gone in six weeks from the aim being play offs to 3 points off bottom and being happy with a 1-0 defeat at home to Reading.

It has crazy how low we have sunk and expectations have lowered.

For me, if Tan isn't interested any more then he should do all he can to sell us. The two he has in charge failed to run us well with the PL and parachute money. They're almost guaranteed to fail while steering us through the pound shop version of running a football club regardless of who is manager.

Depends what mood my mates are in �� but I read your post as if you enjoyed the game. I would have left the ground thinking," well that was ****ing frustrating and overall I didn't enjoy that 90 minutes". I wouldn't think, " but at least Darren made a cracking joke at 56 minutes". In waffling now�� I wouldn't have enjoyed it overall. The end ��
    tbh Darren hasn't been on good form lately so it's good to see him proving his doubters wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    tbh Darren hasn't been on good form lately so it's good to see him proving his doubters wrong.
    Very true, he's been letting the team down

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    He made a couple great saves in the second half and we hit inside of post - we should have scored really
    Yea from a cross wasn't it.

Fair play if he made good great savesx I was wrong. I don't remember them though.

Speaking of life's too short, Reading are the biggest time wasters I can remember seeing for a long long time, disgraceful.
    And an added ten minutes was testimony to that yet not one Reading player booked, the time wasting was obviously noted yet not punished, why?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Just back. Thoroughly enjoyed the game. 100% effort from City, but when you lose Wilson, Ojo, et al, you're very limited in how you can play. I don't think City could have played any better, but defend the crosses and set pieces and you're 95%on the way to stopping City scoring.
    100% effort, but about 1% quality. Reading were mediocre and we never looked like breaking them down. I thought it was grim.