+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody else really enjoy that?

Re: Anybody else really enjoy that?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    And an added ten minutes was testimony to that yet not one Reading player booked, the time wasting was obviously noted yet not punished, why?
    They were injured, however much they made of it if they go down on the pitch and claim they are hurt they are entitled to physio.

First was injured, he was in discomfort prior to going down the first time. Was a weird one though, not sure what the problem was. Second time he took the piss and yes should have had a card considering he walked most of the way off.

Keeper was caught, probably wasn't hurt, we all know that but it's hard for the ref to book him for it.

Beyond that there wasn't much more than usual from a team hanging on.

And for once he did stick on a decent amount, was half expecting 5 or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Depends what mood my mates are in 😂 but I read your post as if you enjoyed the game. I would have left the ground thinking," well that was ****ing frustrating and overall I didn't enjoy that 90 minutes". I wouldn't think, " but at least Darren made a cracking joke at 56 minutes". In waffling now😂 I wouldn't have enjoyed it overall. The end 😂

I just LOL'd.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

I just LOL'd.
    😅😅

I enjoyed the game but not the result.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    And an added ten minutes was testimony to that yet not one Reading player booked, the time wasting was obviously noted yet not punished, why?
    the Biscuit Men are obviously Hob Nob'ing with the officials..

If the ref performed like that on Reading’s behalf for free, they owe him big time.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    From what I managed to watch on my dodgy stream (season ticket holder but can't walk at the moment) we could have easily won. The problem is we have limited quality and it's a results business. I can't see how anyone can have enjoyed that because we lost.
    I have left the ground having enjoyed a game we had lost i also remember watching a one nil win under Malky and wanting the final whistle to go after about 50 minutes it was so bad

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I have left the ground having enjoyed a game we had lost i also remember watching a one nil win under Malky and wanting the final whistle to go after about 50 minutes it was so bad
    Each to their own mate. The result is all that matters to me, as soon as that final whistle blows, if we've won I'm buzzing, if we've lost I'm down

Yes I enjoyed it. We clearly tried to play more football and less hoofball today. The performance was a step in the right direction even if the result was disappointing.

People can say it’s an injury ravaged Reading team but it’s a team that included Premier league winner Danny Drinkwater, experienced centre half’s pairing Scott Dann and Liam Moore, Hoilett, Jon Swift, a guy they paid 8m for upfront. It was a certainly a more experienced side than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yes I enjoyed it. We clearly tried to play more football and less hoofball today. The performance was a step in the right direction even if the result was disappointing.

People can say it’s an injury ravaged Reading team but it’s a team that included Premier league winner Danny Drinkwater, experienced centre half’s pairing Scott Dann and Liam Moore, Hoilett, Jon Swift, a guy they paid 8m for upfront. It was a certainly a more experienced side than ours.
    You kept saying Hoiletts legs had gone and now it’s a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    You kept saying Hoiletts legs had gone and now it’s a positive.
    They have gone. I am explaining that it was far from an injury ravaged Reading side you mug.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I thought Liam Moore was excellent, handled our Moore superbly. Swift is a wonderful player when he's on form and made some of our lot look a little silly once or twice, same for Ejaria. I think it was a vast improvement from ourselves, no doubt helped by the absence of Vaulks, but there were a few occasions where I feel if Reading were a more confident side they could have caused some real damage. I was also disappointed that McCarthy reverted to type at the end by bringing on Vaulks & Collins.

You are right though, Reading's team wasn't exactly a bunch of kids and contained some real talent

You get out what you put in and mick putting in two centre backs at wing back again meant 95% of crosses were comfortably dealt with by Reading’s centre halves. We were never in a million years scoring off a brown cross, they were high, miles away from Moore being able to do anything. Wonder what might’ve been had we had two wing backs that could swing in a decent cross.

On the plus side good to have Ralls back. And McGuinness did ok out of position again, have to wonder how he’s not been deemed good enough in recent weeks to get in ahead of Nelson and co at centre back.

We’re in bigger trouble than I thought if people think that was a good performance. More effort yeah (bare minimum expected) but completely devoid of quality again.

Well at least we didn’t play 5 centre-backs.

If you can’t enjoy a home defeat to Reading’s reserves courtesy of a goal scored by an ex-City winger who was released in the summer because his legs had gone, what can you enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If you can’t enjoy a home defeat to Reading’s reserves courtesy of a goal scored by an ex-City winger who was released in the summer because his legs had gone, what can you enjoy?
    One of the more acquired tastes in life.

It was certainly a more entertaining game yesterday, but we still looked toothless and clueless. Hard to enjoy a game like that, but I still turn up every fortnight...

Some of us clearly have a cheerier outlook on life than others

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Some of us clearly have a cheerier outlook on life than others
    Some of us are more easily pleased and have lower expectations of our football team 😜