Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
Yes I enjoyed it. We clearly tried to play more football and less hoofball today. The performance was a step in the right direction even if the result was disappointing.

People can say it’s an injury ravaged Reading team but it’s a team that included Premier league winner Danny Drinkwater, experienced centre half’s pairing Scott Dann and Liam Moore, Hoilett, Jon Swift, a guy they paid 8m for upfront. It was a certainly a more experienced side than ours.
I thought Liam Moore was excellent, handled our Moore superbly. Swift is a wonderful player when he's on form and made some of our lot look a little silly once or twice, same for Ejaria. I think it was a vast improvement from ourselves, no doubt helped by the absence of Vaulks, but there were a few occasions where I feel if Reading were a more confident side they could have caused some real damage. I was also disappointed that McCarthy reverted to type at the end by bringing on Vaulks & Collins.

You are right though, Reading's team wasn't exactly a bunch of kids and contained some real talent