+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any point getting a new manager?

Is there any point getting a new manager?

Any decent manager would want to bring their own ideas and want the money to make it happen without meddling from above.

That isn't going to happen is it? Tan and his men won't keep their noses out, they won't give the money for a manager to make meaningful changes to the team and squad and if anything they'll be making even more cuts now the crowds are going down. They'll probably wonder what has happened when the season ticket numbers take a hit next season.

In short, what is the point bringing in somebody if they are working with the owners and board anyway.
    The more I'm thinking how incompetent the owner and board is the more I think why not just stick with Mick. At least he's got some experience.

Not been so downbeat about the club in quite some time and it is all down to the lack of interest from the owner and the people who are so say running our club.

Re: Is there any point getting a new manager?

I dunno
    Ask Stoke supporters.
    Or Coventry (I know he has been there a while) How much has he spent?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I dunno
    Ask Stoke supporters.
    Or Coventry (I know he has been there a while) How much has he spent?
    Big difference in owners and the people running the club though.

Would they have achieved what they had by cost cutting all over the place and being forced to play kids? I doubt it.

so who is gonna stop this freefall if MM can't? how many more visits to the last chance saloon?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    so who is gonna stop this freefall if MM can't? how many more visits to the last chance saloon?
    I honestly do not know.

You could have Pep Guardiola in charge of this squad and he wouldn't get a great deal out of them if his instructions were loan out anybody and use the kids because he has to.

Until there is a change of owner or change of thinking by the owner then I see no point getting anybody else.

Seems to be working out for Forest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We've gone from a possible crack at the play offs a few weeks ago to it is maybe fine to stay up and bring through the kids and cut costs to almost certainly being nearer the drop zone than we are comfortable with. All within a few weeks.

It is worrying.

New manager kick on ? Flynn on the way just seen outside Greggs with a beefy bake in hand .

There is no point doing anything is there. Ever.

Crikey.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    There is no point doing anything is there. Ever.

Crikey.
    What can a new manager do that Mick hasn't?

While on a cost cutting exercise and being forced to play the kids. Also having next to no creative players in the squad.

A change at forest seems to have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

While on a cost cutting exercise and being forced to play the kids. Also having next to no creative players in the squad.
    Not play centre-backs at full-back or wing-back.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    A change at forest seems to have worked.
    He has won two games.

Mick had a cracking start here too.

Once that honeymoon period it will be back to our owners sticking their nose in, running things like a pub team and cutting costs.
    Anybody would struggle.

Big difference in owners and the people running the club though.

Would they have achieved what they had by cost cutting all over the place and being forced to play kids? I doubt it.
    I get fed up with everyone making the statement that Mick has been forced to play kids.
    The post below is one I placed on the board after the WBA game.
    Interesting when you list “all the so called kids”

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I get fed up with everyone making the statement that Mick has been forced to play kids.
    Sorry the post is below

If our players can't play then it is all the more reason for Mick to go as he has said he is happy with the squad on more than one occasion.

If they can play then it points to Mick having to go as he is beyond negative and wants to play sky ball above all else. Losing sky ball at that.

I'd like to see Mick gone and the jokers who picked him and many failed managers before him gone too but we won't.
    Yes, most people seem to forget that when he arrived and had been taking training sessions, Mick stated that this was the best squad of players he had every inherited. What has gone wrong ?
    Many keep using the excuse that he is playing a team of youngsters but lets remind ourselves that Nelson, Fling and Morrison were appalling last night, as were Pack, Vaulks and Bacuna. Brown was missing.
    Up front Collins was a passenger and giles could not really get going.
    Notice i have named nine players, not one of them would you refer to as a "youngster".

Maybe suggest that to Forest fans

Are you saying that we are not playing more kids this season than previously?
    I believe we are and the reason being because he has to. Either because he needs to because he has nobody else to play or has been asked by the owner to play them by hook or by crook.

I think Mick is just trotting out the party line to stay in the good books of the powers that be at the club.
    He isn't going to say 'The club are tighter than a submarine door and our squad is threadbare' is he? He would be out on his 'arris the day after.

Don't get me wrong here, some of our senior pros have been as bad as anybody. We don't just start producing kids that are good enough just because we decide to go with youth though. Sorry, it doesn't happen like that.

Is the cost cutting, playing kids and letting players leave without replacing them working? Look at the league table.

He has won two games.

Mick had a cracking start here too.

Once that honeymoon period it will be back to our owners sticking their nose in, running things like a pub team and cutting costs.
    Anybody would struggle.
    I would take two wins at the moment

Maybe suggest that to Forest fans
    Forest are cutting costs and playing more kids than they've played in previous seasons are they?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I would take two wins at the moment
    As would we all.

A new manager boost isn't anything new though. We had it with Warnock, Harris and McCarthy.

As would we all.

A new manager boost isn't anything new though. We had it with Warnock, Harris and McCarthy.
    I think Warnock had a bit more than a new manager boost, it was a boost that won 54 points in 35 games, then saw us win automatic promotion.

Harris and McCarthy took over situations where the previous manager had lost their way.

We won't find out until we get one.

You are repeating yourself over and over as well on multiple threads, we know you think we have no creativity and have been forced to use the kids, you've said 76 thousand times.

We won't find out until we get one.

You are repeating yourself over and over as well on multiple threads, we know you think we have no creativity and have been forced to use the kids, you've said 76 thousand times.
    And you don't? You haven't said you don't go to games because your daughter thinks it is crap for at least 2 days now.

I'll repeat myself a bit more if it gets arses like you in a twist.

And you don't? You haven't said you don't go to games because your daughter thinks it is crap for at least 2 days now.

I'll repeat myself a bit more if it gets arses like you in a twist.

The black cloud 🎣

The black cloud ��
    The old I was fishing card.

Alright then