+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there any point getting a new manager?

Re: Is there any point getting a new manager?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Any decent manager would want to bring their own ideas and want the money to make it happen without meddling from above.

That isn't going to happen is it? Tan and his men won't keep their noses out, they won't give the money for a manager to make meaningful changes to the team and squad and if anything they'll be making even more cuts now the crowds are going down. They'll probably wonder what has happened when the season ticket numbers take a hit next season.

In short, what is the point bringing in somebody if they are working with the owners and board anyway.
    The more I'm thinking how incompetent the owner and board is the more I think why not just stick with Mick. At least he's got some experience.

Not been so downbeat about the club in quite some time and it is all down to the lack of interest from the owner and the people who are so say running our club.
    like a broken record.

We are in a vicious circle: hoofball manager takes us down the table, new hoofball manager takes us almost/all the way to the play-offs, hoofball manager takes us back down the table etc…

Something’s got to change.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We won't find out until we get one.

You are repeating yourself over and over as well on multiple threads, we know you think we have no creativity and have been forced to use the kids, you've said 76 thousand times.
    He’s a boring ****. I hope he’s not married for his wife’s sake. Imaging listening to him moan and repeat himself all day.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s a boring ****. I hope he’s not married for his wife’s sake. Imaging listening to him moan and repeat himself all day.
    She's fine thanks.

As for me being a boring **** you don't half rate yourself.
    If we're talking real life then the fact you've posted almost 4 times as much on here as me suggests it might be your wife that has a life with a boring c***.

It is all the more impressive that you've managed to bang in such high numbers having joined this message board over 9 years after I did.

Over 10,000 messages in under 6 years. And I'm the boring c***? You should get out more. 😄

As would we all.

A new manager boost isn't anything new though. We had it with Warnock, Harris and McCarthy.
    Not saying it’s a new thing, I’m saying it’s something that would be welcome right now

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Not saying it’s a new thing, I’m saying it’s something that would be welcome right now
    Definitely.

Hopefully a new manager might look at the players we have loaned out, and maybe recall a couple of them (in January). Wintle is getting rave reviews, and though it might be hard to believe, we're missing Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Hopefully a new manager might look at the players we have loaned out, and maybe recall a couple of them (in January). Wintle is getting rave reviews, and though it might be hard to believe, we're missing Murphy.
    You tend to miss wingers when the manager/board think it is a good idea to get rid of anything resembling a winger.

Any decent manager would want to bring their own ideas and want the money to make it happen without meddling from above.

That isn't going to happen is it? Tan and his men won't keep their noses out, they won't give the money for a manager to make meaningful changes to the team and squad and if anything they'll be making even more cuts now the crowds are going down. They'll probably wonder what has happened when the season ticket numbers take a hit next season.

In short, what is the point bringing in somebody if they are working with the owners and board anyway.
    The more I'm thinking how incompetent the owner and board is the more I think why not just stick with Mick. At least he's got some experience.

Not been so downbeat about the club in quite some time and it is all down to the lack of interest from the owner and the people who are so say running our club.
    In what way does Tan interfere? Who has come out and said what?

It would depend on who that manager was.

Ole could be available soon, perhaps give him a chance to right some wrongs.
    Who knows he might bring Ronaldo with him.

Alternatively, and more realistically, the boys might well go for Ted Lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It would depend on who that manager was.
    Absolutely. And who has any confidence that Tan, Dalman and Choo know enough about football to choose a suitable replacement?

I've been looking at the managers who've won promotion from the championship over the last 3 seasons and where they came from:

Norwich - Farke - Borussia Dortmund reserves
    Watford - Xisco - Dinamo Tblisi
    Brentford - Frank - Brentford assistant manager
    Leeds - Bielsa - Lille
    West Brom - Bilic - El Ittihad (Saudi Arabia)
    Fulham - Parker - Fulham assistant coach
    Norwich - Farke - Borussia Dortmund reserves
    Sheff Utd - Wilder - Northampton Town
    Villa - Smith - Brentford

Very little previous experience of managing in the championship there, or at all for some of them. I'm sure there are good managers out there in the lower divisions and abroad, but how would our board know without a DOF, and would that be too much of a gamble?

Wilder and Xisco (as of today) are both currently available.

Are you saying that we are not playing more kids this season than previously?
    I believe we are and the reason being because he has to. Either because he needs to because he has nobody else to play or has been asked by the owner to play them by hook or by crook.

I think Mick is just trotting out the party line to stay in the good books of the powers that be at the club.
    He isn't going to say 'The club are tighter than a submarine door and our squad is threadbare' is he? He would be out on his 'arris the day after.

Don't get me wrong here, some of our senior pros have been as bad as anybody. We don't just start producing kids that are good enough just because we decide to go with youth though. Sorry, it doesn't happen like that.

Is the cost cutting, playing kids and letting players leave without replacing them working? Look at the league table.
    Try reading some posts as opposed to typing your own drivel.
    Against WBA we had 2 so called youngsters. Most messages on here (probably including you but I can’t be arsed to look at the history) have screamed for us to bring the youth through.
    We do have some decent young players who can play, but bringing them into a “punt it long into space” style is not helping anyone.
    Add to that the very strange team selections and line ups and there is are your main issues.
    Yes I think we should add a couple of quality players to help but we should have enough in the squad to be around mid table.
    I believe a new manager with a fresh outlook might give us that

Looks like he's going nowhere anyway. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Looks like he's going nowhere anyway. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true
    The dreaded vote of confidence

Jacks game is a must not lose, otherwise....

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The dreaded vote of confidence

Jacks game is a must not lose, otherwise....
    Before we get carried away with yesterday’s performance we should remember we were up against the Reading second team. At least that is the inference from Pearce ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Before we get carried away with yesterday’s performance we should remember we were up against the Reading second team. At least that is the inference from Pearce ?
    Yeah but it was encouraging tho....