+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Guinness 0%

Re: Guinness 0%

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Each to their own but I find the itch for a pint is for the alcoholic content rather than the motion of having a pint, so personally I'd go for the coke, although I don't think alcohol tastes particularly good and only drink it as a means to unwind and get drunk, I don't see the point of "having 1 or 2" after work either I'd rsrher not drink the 2 pints and have a coke.

Weird how we're all so different init.
    My thoughts exactly!

Didn't expect this thread to take the turns it has but I should have known better 🤣🤣 Good discussions though

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    My thoughts exactly!
    I started a thread not long back on how I can't drink alcohol with a meal as drinking spoils the food for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I started a thread not long back on how I can't drink alcohol with a meal as drinking spoils the food for me.
    Here in China, everyone who goes to a bar eats food with their drink. In fact, it's like the bars here cannot make up their minds whether they want to be a bar or a restaurant!
    But I never order or accept any food when I'm out for a drink. The locals look at me and just don't understand my way of thinking.
    I tell them that I've already had my tea (dinner) and that I'm not hungry; if I was hungry, I would choose to go to a restaurant instead.
    There isn't the same culture of standing in a bar with a drink in your hand or finding a stool at the bar - no, you have to sit at fairly large tables, which soon become littered with dirty dishes, utensils and bones they've spat out.... ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Here in China, everyone who goes to a bar eats food with their drink. In fact, it's like the bars here cannot make up their minds whether they want to be a bar or a restaurant!
    But I never order or accept any food when I'm out for a drink. The locals look at me and just don't understand my way of thinking.
    I tell them that I've already had my tea (dinner) and that I'm not hungry; if I was hungry, I would choose to go to a restaurant instead.
    There isn't the same culture of standing in a bar with a drink in your hand or finding a stool at the bar - no, you have to sit at fairly large tables, which soon become littered with dirty dishes, utensils and bones they've spat out.... ugh!
    That sounds like a nightmare for me