+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which of you Cardiff City detractors actually went to the game today?

Which of you Cardiff City detractors actually went to the game today?

I travelled down from London and I reckon many of you so called supporters do not attend much and watch only from your armchairs. You claim to support the team - in my book, unless you live overseas there is no excuse not to attend live games.

Re: Which of you Cardiff City detractors actually went to the game today?

Unless you work shifts, family occasions holidays, etc

Is a detractor someone who thinks we are awful?
    If so .
    I did , as I do all the home games. And quite a few away now covid is getting better.

We are probably going down .

I think we're a pile of shit at the moment and think Tan needs to leave. I have a torn calf and haven't been able to walk for five weeks. Season ticket holder though, not that it gives my opinion any more credence

I didn't go.

Been to hundreds and hundreds of City games over many years now.

I pick and choose the games these days. I enjoy away games more than home if I'm honest.
    Next one Fulham away.

Do you not have an opinion if you don't attend a game or just the ones you attend?
    My last home game was Bournemouth. It was crap, they battered us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    I travelled down from London and I reckon many of you so called supporters do not attend much and watch only from your armchairs. You claim to support the team - in my book, unless you live overseas there is no excuse not to attend live games.
    "yEw R noT a REeL SuPpoRTeR"

you bloody rascal

I will add that I'd probably go more if I felt more part of it, that I was not just a number and that the owner and people running the club gave a damn about the club and run it better than they do.

If they don't give a flying **** then why should we as fans just blindly turn up when it is bad.

I've had a season ticket for many of the previous seasons but Covid showed many fans there are other things out there too.

Lmao surely not the "u arent real fan" argument. We support Cardiff you doughnut, why would anyone in their right mind pretend to give a shit about us? Sometimes real life gets in the way, the fact we're all spending our Saturday evening talking about this football club shows that we clearly all care

Forgot to say also don't talk shite.

I had an opinion when I attended religiously and have one now.

You can walk away with your chest puffed out and pat yourself on the back because you attended. Well done.
    I probably attended more than you home and away in seasons gone by. Means f@ck all really. We are still where we are with the team we have and owners who are clueless.

As for detractors, I'm sure you're over the moon with how we're doing things no doubt.

The club does not have the feeling that it once did and when you realise you're just a customer and a number to those owners that can't be arsed to attend themselves then it changes a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I've had a season ticket for many of the previous seasons but Covid showed many fans there are other things out there too.
    covid picked off a few, and the rebrand before that..

..the 'customers' aren't happy and will 'shop' here again once the product improves..

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Lmao surely not the "u arent real fan" argument. We support Cardiff you doughnut, why would anyone in their right mind pretend to give a shit about us? Sometimes real life gets in the way, the fact we're all spending our Saturday evening talking about this football club shows that we clearly all care

only Hull stubbers are permitted to post on here nowadays..

I bet TOBW went.

He'd go even if it was raining pussies and pups, leaving at 07.00 to deal with the traffic and would limp in despite a torn calf.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    covid picked off a few, and the rebrand before that..

..the 'customers' aren't happy and will 'shop' here again once the product improves..
    For many it is certainly like that. Football and going to watch the City was the main thing I would aim to do when younger.

As I've got older, had kids etc then things change. You physically can't fit it in with life going on elsewhere.
    People have other commitments.

Does it make it easier missing games when you are viewed as a number by owners that do what the hell they like regardless of fan opinion? Probably.

Does going to every game make you a Billy Big Balls? No. I was a regular attender for many years but let's be fair if we stopped going tomorrow and a new face who had never watched City before took our place and there was no drop in cash Tan would not care.

Just out of interest how many games do you attend a season?

I will add that I'd probably go more if I felt more part of it, that I was not just a number and that the owner and people running the club gave a damn about the club and run it better than they do.

If they don't give a flying **** then why should we as fans just blindly turn up when it is bad.

Ah, the old 'the owners don't care, why should I' gag. Why can't people be honest and just say they just go when City are in the PL or at the top of the table - oh, and the Swansea game.

Oh **** off.

For many it is certainly like that. Football and going to watch the City was the main thing I would aim to do when younger.

As I've got older, had kids etc then things change. You physically can't fit it in with life going on elsewhere.
    People have other commitments.

Does it make it easier missing games when you are viewed as a number by owners that do what the hell they like regardless of fan opinion? Probably.

Does going to every game make you a Billy Big Balls? No. I was a regular attender for many years but let's be fair if we stopped going tomorrow and a new face who had never watched City before took our place and there was no drop in cash Tan would not care.
    my sentiments exactly.. sadly, and I appreciate it's a long time ago now, I haven't felt the same about the club since I walked up the stairs into the Ninian Stand and was faced with a wall of red from the Grandstand, the club was always way more about the fans than the football to me, anybody who knows me know I lived for the day out and the laughs, the game was largely an ugly distraction..

Not sure if matters really, look at the league table and form, a change is needed.

If people want to go then that’s up to them, people can have a million reasons to go or not.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Ah, the old 'the owners don't care, why should I' gag. Why can't people be honest and just say they just go when City are in the PL or at the top of the table - oh, and the Swansea game.
    Not at all.

I went more when we were in lower leagues than the Championship.

The derby games aren't what they were either. The last few have been like regular games atmosphere wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    my sentiments exactly.. sadly, and I appreciate it's a long time ago now, I haven't felt the same about the club since I walked up the stairs into the Ninian Stand and was faced with a wall of red from the Grandstand, the club was always way more about the fans than the football to me, anybody who knows me know I lived for the day out and the laughs, the game was largely an ugly distraction..

I joke with the one lad I go with regularly that a City game day is usually a cracking day spoiled by the 90 minutes on many occasions.

Football has changed a lot though. A lot of City characters have dropped off. Football has become sanitised.

It has changed for me. It doesn't have the same level of feeling any more.
    The move to the new ground, the owner, the change of rules basically eliminating the physicality of the game, reaching the Premier League after dreaming for so long for it to be crap. A lot of reasons really.

Amen to that top supporter.

I joke with the one lad I go with regularly that a City game day is usually a cracking day spoiled by the 90 minutes on many occasions.

Football has changed a lot though. A lot of City characters have dropped off. Football has become sanitised.

It has changed for me. It doesn't have the same level of feeling any more.
    The move to the new ground, the owner, the change of rules basically eliminating the physicality of the game, reaching the Premier League after dreaming for so long for it to be crap. A lot of reasons really.

I can definitely relate lewj

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    If people want to go then that’s up to them, people can have a million reasons to go or not.
    Aint that the truth.

And wear man bags if it takes their fancy as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Aint that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Aint that the truth.

I was down on man bags until they were sported by the Russians as they gave the bullies that are England abroad a good shoeing in Marseille.

The masculine look.