+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin

Tomlin

Any recent post OP news?
    Half an hour of him today and we would have beaten Reading.
    Lots of huff and puff but no cutting edge today.

Re: Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Any recent post OP news?
    I wouldn’t bank on ever seeing him or Vassell in a City shirt again.

MM won’t play him until he is able to run around like Bacuna basically which will never happen. MM will never class him as “fit” enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    MM won’t play him until he is able to run around like Bacuna basically which will never happen. MM will never class him as “fit” enough.
    Bacuna does do a lot of running around. I thought there was more to football than that? No..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Bacuna does do a lot of running around. I thought there was more to football than that? No..
    I agree.

I don’t think MM would

There are a great many reasons to criticise Mick McCarthy, but Lee Tomlin’s fitness (or rather the lack of it) isn’t one of them.

I forgot he was at the club, what a waste of talent

Tomlin is his own worst enemy, no matter what manager we have he will always struggle to be fit. Such a shame as his talent is undeniable.

I imagine his injury will ensure he sees out his probably not insignificant contract watching Netflix whilst consuming more than his fair share of calories.

Any recent post OP news?
    You may as well have said Messi up front for half an hour would have made a difference. Tomlin has let us and the club down continuously. Of course fitness matters. He was a very useful player on his day but what use is that when he can’t get to the standards required to play?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    You don’t think a player should be fit?

He wasn’t just unfit he was at times fat which is totally unprofessional. He would need all the rest of the team to do the donkey work around him and I’m not sure this team is good enough to do that

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    You don’t think a player should be fit?

He wasn’t just unfit he was at times fat which is totally unprofessional. He would need all the rest of the team to do the donkey work around him and I’m not sure this team is good enough to do that
    Of course, what part of the above made you think otherwise.

Under Harris he made a huge impact for us but I wouldn’t think even at that stage he would be anywhere near fit enough for MM. I’m not sure MM would even know what to do with someone like Tomlin if he was fit. I would certainly hope he can be fit enough for the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I imagine his injury will ensure he sees out his probably not insignificant contract watching Netflix whilst consuming more than his fair share of calories.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Is what it is.

I'm sure he would rather be playing mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Is what it is.

I'm sure he would rather be playing mind
    At this stage of his career, getting a nice wedge of money for doing nothing? I'm not sure he actually would rather be playing, I mean, it takes hard work to get in shape for the physicality of playing professional football. Let's face it, if Tomlin doesn't have a sizeable amount in his bank account right now, then he probably never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    At this stage of his career, getting a nice wedge of money for doing nothing? I'm not sure he actually would rather be playing, I mean, it takes hard work to get in shape for the physicality of playing professional football. Let's face it, if Tomlin doesn't have a sizeable amount in his bank account right now, then he probably never will.
    I dunno, he has a long time in a year or two to watch Netflix.

Agree with this, it was crying out for a Tomlin

Let's not kid ourselves: even a fat, unfit Tomlin is light years ahead of anyone we have in the club in terms of talent and yes he would have made a massive difference. I mean playing the likes of Vaulks or Bacuna instead of him!!! Come on....I rest my case.

I'd be very surprised if he ever plays for us again

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I wouldn’t bank on ever seeing him or Vassell in a City shirt again.
    totally agree. I have been saying it for some time.
    Not MM's kind of player at all

Mental health issues can be hard to come back from. I'd expect more from the so called older respectable posters on here than taking cheap shots at his weight, especially ones that are part of the supporter trust.

Let's hope one for the trust don't suffer mental health issues and need help from Enoch mort. Shameful thing to post.