+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam Bowen / Will Vaulks

Sam Bowen / Will Vaulks

Sam Bowen has a pass success rate of 97% today. 33 out of 34 complete.

Vaulks average pass success in the league this season is 62% averaging just 20 passes per game.

It’s little wonder our performance improved today with Vaulks dropped.

Re: Sam Bowen / Will Vaulks

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Vaulks average pass success in the league this season is 62% averaging just 20 passes per game.

I think Sam Bowen played very well yesterday.

Bit of an unfair comparison when we had 3 in midfield yday instead of the 2 for the games vaulks played in?

Ceiron brown played really well also

Vaulks is not a playmaker though he’s being forced to do jobs that just isn’t his bag

I’m not saying passing accuracy isn’t important as it often puts us under pressure but I don’t think Vaulks is all that bad just asked to do the wrong jobs.

Problem is we have too many of the same player all over the pitch and lacking in others

Well done for Sam Bowen though long may it continue

But what about his long throws…. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Ceiron brown played really well also
    His poor header led directly to Reading's goal and he played multiple hospital passes that put his teammates under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Vaulks is not a playmaker though he’s being forced to do jobs that just isn’t his bag

I’m not saying passing accuracy isn’t important as it often puts us under pressure but I don’t think Vaulks is all that bad just asked to do the wrong jobs.

Problem is we have too many of the same player all over the pitch and lacking in others

What job should Vaulks do then?

A professional footballer should be able to pass the ball successfully with regularity, only finding a man 62% of the time is shocking for a midfielder at this level

If taking the ball under control with one touch and passing it to a team mate 10-20 yards away isnt his bag then maybe he shouldn’t be playing midfield in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    His poor header led directly to Reading's goal and he played multiple hospital passes that put his teammates under pressure.
    One such hospital pass led to Pack's booking which limited his effectiveness without the ball.

What yesterday showed was a midfield containing Ralls, Bowen and Pack is capable of pass and move football.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    One such hospital pass led to Pack's booking which limited his effectiveness without the ball.

What yesterday showed was a midfield containing Ralls, Bowen and Pack is capable of pass and move football.
    Wonder if there could be a place for Sang as well

If taking the ball under control with one touch and passing it to a team mate 10-20 yards away isnt his bag then maybe he shouldn’t be playing midfield in the Championship
    Vaulks is one of the few that tries to break his lines with the passing.

Again he’s not great but it would be better with a pass map would be a good indicator rather than totting up stats from sideways and backwards passing like others.

Our team doesn’t make it easy. Often no outlet and about 60 yards between strikers and midfield

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What job should Vaulks do then?
    He should be in a one man defensive midfield with two outlets in front of him.

The Gunnarsson/Arter role

I’m my opinion we have about 3 players that all try to do the same job and it doesn’t work

Instead of 'break his lines' with his passing, what Vaulks should try to do is pass to one of his teammates.

Again he’s not great but it would be better with a pass map would be a good indicator rather than totting up stats from sideways and backwards passing like others.

Our team doesn’t make it easy. Often no outlet and about 60 yards between strikers and midfield
    Breaks lines

Breaks his team mates spirit more like.

I’m my opinion we have about 3 players that all try to do the same job and it doesn’t work
    Gunnarson and Arter might not have been Pirlo but they could pass a simple ball 10 yards to a team mate.

Vaulks given the role with 2 outlets. Feckin hell id feel sorry for those 2 outlets.

Vaulks is alledgly a midfield player whose main attributes is passing , possession and tackling however many are in midfield .

Bowen is good let's not burn it out and except that level of consistency game on game

Vaulks should absolutely not be trying to break the lines. He can't. He was a centre back until he was 18/19 and it shows. He should win the ball and pass it to a blue shirt.

It's remarkable for someone who is technically gifted when it comes to striking a ball, how often he fails to make simple passes.

Vaulks isn't disciplined enough to do that. He runs around after the ball. Gunnar would put the handbrake on. We really, really miss Gunnar.

What's unfair about asking a player playing in the second tier in England to be able to pass the ball? Regardless of his midfield role, he should be able to pass the ball. A defensive midfielder(his actual position) breaks up play and ermmm... Passes the ball.

If handled correctly Sam Bowen could be quite a playmaker for us.
    Playing in a style of hoofing is not helping him one bit

This.

Perhaps we need to think out of the box and try players like Vaulks or Pack as center half's who can play out of defence rather then the hoofing ones as that would improve our possession ???