+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last time we had 20+ shots and didn't score?

Last time we had 20+ shots and didn't score?

Sure we had around 27 shots at home to Burnley, they had 2 ans scored 2?

Re: Last time we had 20+ shots and didn't score?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We scored that day though - good goal by Josh Murphy.

Do you think that they should be considered shots if they don't hit the target?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We scored that day though - good goal by Josh Murphy.
    I was going for memory rather than googling, was it Vokes with 2 headers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Do you think that they should be considered shots if they don't hit the target?
    What else would they be?

Feedback

What else would they be?
    passes

What else would they be?
    There's a shot, then there's a shot. I haven't seen the highlights of the game, but I don't consider a attempt at goal with three defenders around a player and from a standing position a shot, more like a lack of options.

There's a shot, then there's a shot. I haven't seen the highlights of the game, but I don't consider a attempt at goal with three defenders around a player and from a standing position a shot, more like a lack of options.
    I think it's fine to call them shots, but not all shots are equal, and that's why people shouldn't draw conclusions from shot count or possession.

xG, or expected goals, attempts to solve this by assessing how good the shots are. Is it a 6 yarder when unmarked or is it something desperate from 35 yards that bounces into the keepers arms? But xG isn't particularly popular amongst fans as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think it's fine to call them shots, but not all shots are equal, and that's why people shouldn't draw conclusions from shot count or possession.

xG, or expected goals, attempts to solve this by assessing how good the shots are. Is it a 6 yarder when unmarked or is it something desperate from 35 yards that bounces into the keepers arms? But xG isn't particularly popular amongst fans as a whole.
    Yeah, there are the shots at goal which are forced because the play has ended due to a lack of options, they're not measured or calculated or born out of good movement and a bit of Vision. Like I said, I haven't seen the highlights, so we may well have worked some really good openings, although I'm talking generally.

Thought you meant the off target efforts. Yeah know what you mean about blocked shots, some of them are good blocks then others you just know before hitting they are getting blocked, yeah I'd wipe them off myself.

Happens when you have a team.lacking composure.

I was going for memory rather than googling, was it Vokes with 2 headers?
    He definitely scored one of their goals, can’t remember who got the other one.

Just Googled the game, twenty goal attempts to three;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45616872

I'm not sure what they measure as shots on target , for me they should be those that have force a goalkeeping save , hit the woodwork or last man / kicked off the line ie going in