+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peter King volley

Peter King volley

https://twitter.com/forgottengoals/s...071614981?s=21
    Only saw this goal for the first time about a year ago. Now seems to be getting the kudos it deserves. Trevor Sinclair thinks it’s the best volley he’s ever seen.

Re: Peter King volley

Always felt Peter King was/is sometimes not given the recognition of his undoubted talent.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Always felt Peter King was/is sometimes not given the recognition of his undoubted talent.
    He certainly was by those who saw him play. For me it was his sheer consistency that made him a stand out player. Probably never a 9 rating in any game but almost always at least a 7. A neat tidy ball player with good vision and a great shot. Boy could we do with a couple of Peter Kings now.

What a tops turvy game that was. What a club stalwart Peter King was, so reliable. Scored our first ever ECWC goal as well against Esbjerg.

He lives in Spain now and was running marathons a few years back.

Scored more than a hundred goals for us, but I can’t remember his second best goal

I was at that game. I pretty sure we lost it 3-4. Im think we were 0-1 down then 3-1 up then conceded three. Brilliant game and cracking goal from Peter King

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    https://twitter.com/forgottengoals/s...071614981?s=21
    Only saw this goal for the first time about a year ago. Now seems to be getting the kudos it deserves. Trevor Sinclair thinks it’s the best volley he’s ever seen.
    I was on the Bob Bank almost in line with him. It was the most fantastic goal.
    PK was my favourite player for many a year and undoubtedly one of the best servants that CCFC had ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

He was recognised as the top player he was by many fans and was a stalwart for the Club.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I was on the Bob Bank almost in line with him. It was the most fantastic goal.
    PK was my favourite player for many a year and undoubtedly one of the best servants that CCFC had ever had.

Best goal I've ever seen. Mind you Bobby Woodruff's goal in the same game was wonderful, too. Was in the Grange End.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    He certainly was by those who saw him play. For me it was his sheer consistency that made him a stand out player. Probably never a 9 rating in any game but almost always at least a 7. A neat tidy ball player with good vision and a great shot. Boy could we do with a couple of Peter Kings now.
    Oh yes, he was Mr Consistency. Peter King was one of my favourite players.

Frank Parsons ! Never played another game for us..

Didn’t he used to live up Broad Street somewhere ? Often saw him walking to the game on a Saturday afternoon.

To my knowledge no pictures celebrating City legend Peter King at CCS. There's a picture of the waste of money Robin Friday. Take that one down and replace it with Peter King.

A great player who was always exciting to watch. So lucky to have seen City in the 70's at a full NP! Vintage stuff.