+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McCarthy being backed by Tan.

McCarthy being backed by Tan.

Re: McCarthy being backed by Tan.

When City sacked Neil Harris, the team was on a run of 7 defeats in 8 games (including a cup match). The heaviest defeats in that run were 2-0 (v Swansea and Norwich), and the team was 15th in the table.

City are currently on a run of 7 defeats in 8 games (including a cup match). The heaviest defeats in the current run are 3-1 v Blackburn and 4-0 v West Brom, and the team is 20th in the table.

Mick's fortunate to still be in a job.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Of course he is backing McCarthy. We're too skint to sack him. I don't see Uncle Vinnie paying anything to change manager again, he's done it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    When City sacked Neil Harris, the team was on a run of 7 defeats in 8 games (including a cup match). The heaviest defeats in that run were 2-0 (v Swansea and Norwich), and the team was 15th in the table.

City are currently on a run of 7 defeats in 8 games (including a cup match). The heaviest defeats in the current run are 3-1 v Blackburn and 4-0 v West Brom, and the team is 20th in the table.

Mick's fortunate to still be in a job.
    I presume Dalman still expects a top 6 finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I presume Dalman still expects a top 6 finish?
    There was a typo in my post - it was obviously 5-1 v Blackburn. Who knows what Dalman and his master expect this season? I doubt they know themselves anymore.

Of course he is backing McCarthy. We're too skint to sack him. I don't see Uncle Vinnie paying anything to change manager again, he's done it enough.
    Too skint to sack him? Both you and I don't know that.

Are we too skint to be in league 1?

"We have been told". Doesn't carry much weight.

I ain’t believed a word that is printed in WOL for many years.

Tan can easily afford to pay him off if he wanted. He’s not going to have the club sink to league 1

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Tan can easily afford to pay him off if he wanted. He’s not going to have the club sink to league 1
    I concur, and he will probably lose £50k per match in revenue if this carries on as walk up crowds will be negligible

Sack him before it’s too late and promote Morison from the under 23’s , at least the playing style the under 23’s play can be transitioned to the first team and he’s already on the payroll

It's a nothing story from WOL. Just click bait.
    We'll see if the board says anything, either way, next few days.

He didn’t change the manager, someone advised him on that matter, just like when others were appointed. I doubt Vincent even knows who Guardiola and Klopp are.

Is MM in the 2.30 p.m. at Chepstow?