+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Released

Re: Tomlin Released

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Could it be the same issues club to club are because of.. I dunno... Mental health?
    How do you know he’s suffering with a mental health illness? Where are you getting your information?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    It will be annoying if we change to a manager who may have used him. He has to be one of the most talented players we've had in recent times, I loved watching him. Its a shame how it worked out.
    But he’s never fit so changing to a different manager would make no difference whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    But he’s never fit so changing to a different manager would make no difference whatsoever.
    But I mean maybe he could find the determination to get fit if a new manager fancied him. Even if it was not til after Xmas, a half fit Tomlin improves us.

Sad to see him leave but totally understand the decision. On his day, he was the most creative player we’ve had for a long time, and in a game like last Saturday, may have come up with a critical pass, for somebody to score. Like when Whitts was playing for us, I’d be disappointed if they weren’t playing that day. I don’t know if he has problems outside of football but I can’t get my head around, why some supporters, are so critical and judgemental about someone, they may only have seen for 90 minutes on a football pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Sad to see him leave but totally understand the decision. On his day, he was the most creative player we’ve had for a long time, and in a game like last Saturday, may have come up with a critical pass, for somebody to score. Like when Whitts was playing for us, I’d be disappointed if they weren’t playing that day. I don’t know if he has problems outside of football but I can’t get my head around, why some supporters, are so critical and judgemental about someone, they may only have seen for 90 minutes on a football pitch.

Is there any other club that tears up contracts by 'mutual consent' i.e. paying up their contract, as much as we do?

Cala, Berget, burgstaller, eikrem, kimbo, ricky lambert, gary madine.

Sign a player on a two and a half year contract in January, release him in October.

Amateur.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Finally!
    Vassell next?

Two off the books should allow us to possibly sign two fit & effective players in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    You could have used the strap line:

He's gone

To have given us a very brief element of hope.
    Nah, the OP would have been accused of clickbait if he had

Fit AND effective? Me thinks you're asking for too much - this is Cardiff City, after all!

Well said Soxy.

There hasnt been much to shout about this last 3 years. The very few highly skilled moments we have seen have come from Tomlin. His free kicks against West Brom and Sheff Wednesday in the 2019/20 season were absolute beautys. His goal and assist at Leeds in same season are right up there too.

It will be annoying if we change to a manager who may have used him. He has to be one of the most talented players we've had in recent times, I loved watching him. Its a shame how it worked out.
    Warnock will probably sign him in January if not before.

When fit, Tomlin was effective.

Our loss, Boro's gain?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Warnock will probably sign him in January if not before.
    Warnock? He froze him out here and I highly doubt Colin will still be in charge at Boro come January. The fans have turned on him.

£19k to £20k a year man anyone work out the per game cost yet

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Warnock? He froze him out here and I highly doubt Colin will still be in charge at Boro come January. The fans have turned on him.
    Lets do a swap Mick goes North Neil comes south perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    When fit, Tomlin was effective.

Our loss, Boro's gain?
    It was Harris that got him playing, not Warnock.

Apart from maybe Giles, he's one of the few players we've had in recent years that you're excited to see he's on the team sheet. He was great for 3/4 months and his performances were one of the best we've seen in terms of flair and ability in a number of seasons.

Should have happened much sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks
    One of the best away days....ever.

I hate to say I told you so…

But I told you so!

You don’t get on the wrong side of Eddie Howe, Johnson, Karanka and Warnock and it be all of those blokes with the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    I hate to say I told you so…

But I told you so!

You don’t get on the wrong side of Eddie Howe, Johnson, Karanka and Warnock and it be all of those blokes with the problem.
    You're right.

It was Harris that got him playing, not Warnock.
    It was just the rest of the team who Harris couldn't get to play.

Watching Tomlin (when he played) reminded me of a late career Gascoigne - he clearly had something that other players didn't, but really really struggled physically for whatever reason, and that infuriates fans.

Usually players don't agree to end their contract unless they have something else lined up, I'd imagine he'll probably end up at Peterborough where he seems to have a good relationship with the hierarchy there.

I know, don’t know what state he’s in but players like him can win a game with free kick or shot, we dont have many of them on show currently do we?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I know, don’t know what state he’s in but players like him can win a game with free kick or shot, we dont have many of them on show currently do we?
    The problem is "players like him" can never be relied upon.