Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Released

Re: Tomlin Released

Still one of the best passes ever:

https://www.facebook.com/theEFL/videos/227581861930312/

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Tomlin statement:

"I would like to thank all the staff and players over the years I've met a this incredible football club," Tomlin wrote on Instagram.

"It’s been an absolute honour to play for Cardiff City Football Club.

"To all the fans I loved trying to get you off your seats with excitement every time I played, you have been amazing to me from the start to finish and will always be in my heart."
    "..... you have been amazing to me from the start to finish..."

Has he been living on the moon or something? How out of touch with the fans' sentiments could he possibly be!

Can't say I'm surprised, or particularly bothered

Strange timing though

I'm glad he's gone but the club must have honoured the rest of his contract or at least most of it. Better that he's not with us and therefore is no longer a distraction. Or maybe they got fed up with his behaviour? MM's comments seems to indicate some discontent from the club. Sadly it may mean that although he has gone his wages won't be freed up for us to sign a new player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "..... you have been amazing to me from the start to finish..."

Has he been living on the moon or something? How out of touch with the fans' sentiments could he possibly be!
    Nicely written statement from his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I have no issues with Tomlin going but the timing shows a complete lack of footballing brains at the club.

Any decent football person would have recommended that Tomlin was offloaded, even paid off, in the summer so that we could have replaced him. Everyone (well obviously not everyone but certainly us fans) could see Tomlin would never play more than 10% of a season for us and his fitness and injury issues weren't getting any better.

Holding onto him hamstrung us in the transfer market and look at the state we are in.

Doing it now means that any replacement (and I doubt there will be) will be players out of contract who haven't even played since last season or had a pre season. They will be well off the pace.

However, they will still be fitter than Tomlin!

Some of the personal attacks on him though are OTT.
    Surely they would have to to pay up his full contract. It's not like he's going to get another one like the one he signed. I can't see where the club would've made a saving, unless something was written into his contract. Here you go Lee, would you take 50% of your contract so that you bugger off? Not a chance. He's finished, this was his last payout.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's the new bad back
    No, it isn't.

Sad to see him go in a way as he was incredible at times. However he was never going to return to that standard.

perhaps he can share a cab with vassell... he needs to bounce too

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Surely they would have to to pay up his full contract. It's not like he's going to get another one like the one he signed. I can't see where the club would've made a saving, unless something was written into his contract. Here you go Lee, would you take 50% of your contract so that you bugger off? Not a chance. He's finished, this was his last payout.
    There must have been some financial benefit to the club in ending the contract. I have no doubt Tomlin was paid up the majority of what he would have collected in the physios room or on his sofa - but not all of it.

All the best to the guy.

When fit he was usually our most exciting player.

The right decision though, may have saved us a bit as its mutual, whilst obviously paying up a decent amount of the remaining contract.

No need for any sarcastic comments really, the club knew who we were signing and we saw both sides as predicted.

If it’s true that the negotiations between the club and Tomlin were “lengthy”, as the statement says, then that suggests some give and take involved. What would be the point of agreeing a termination of contract from the club’s viewpoint if it did not involve some savings in wage payments?

I’ll remember Tomlin for his marvellous 19/20 season, as for the others, I suppose it’s best to forget about those. The fact is though that he was very popular with fans when he was able to get on the pitch- after all he was providing something that has been sadly missing from Cardiff City in recent years, flair.

What an enormous waste of money.

Not a bad move, I always felt he was taking the piss, Big Time.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There must have been some financial benefit to the club in ending the contract. I have no doubt Tomlin was paid up the majority of what he would have collected in the physios room or on his sofa - but not all of it.
    You would have thought so, although maybe he was just stinking the place out and the club had enough of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Knew it was going to be that one - his goal that day was a beauty as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

Well, good point, but... if you were Tomlin would you prefer to....

have to come into training every day, be officially employed by city, attend all the necessary training and PR activities ... for 100% of your salary knowing you will never be fit enough or picked again....

Or

Take a 50% or 40% hit on our contract and be released immediately to pursue whatever interests you have - inside or outside of football.

Personally I would take the latter.

He can get another club in January in England, or abroad now (India?) if he is able to .. or pursue his other business ventures.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Knew it was going to be that one - his goal that day was a beauty as well.
    https://youtu.be/KmtvMETGB0g

It's the new bad back
    You are So Very Out of Touch, it ain’t the new bad back.

I'm not I have some very serous depression issues going on with one of my children since the birth of her children for the last 10 years its bloody tough .

All I can see is the same trend at every club he has been at , one can have stress but still keep fit and play a part in life , until someone provides me with real evidence of diagnosis ,or proof he's sought help at a a top end facility which he could easily afford I will not be convinced , in my opinion he has used this as an excuse not to play ,when you have a manager who states at a press conference "I don't know where he is, not heard form him this week" its speaks volumes .

If I'm proved wrong I will humbly apologies , if he is not suffering then its very poor indeed for the real cases in life .
    Could it be the same issues club to club are because of.. I dunno... Mental health?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Thanks

You could have used the strap line:

He's gone

To have given us a very brief element of hope.

Well, good point, but... if you were Tomlin would you prefer to....

have to come into training every day, be officially employed by city, attend all the necessary training and PR activities ... for 100% of your salary knowing you will never be fit enough or picked again....

Or

Take a 50% or 40% hit on our contract and be released immediately to pursue whatever interests you have - inside or outside of football.

Personally I would take the latter.

He can get another club in January in England, or abroad now (India?) if he is able to .. or pursue his other business ventures.
    He's got to be on 25 grand a week, that's a lot of cash to forfeit.

I have no issues with Tomlin going but the timing shows a complete lack of footballing brains at the club.

Any decent football person would have recommended that Tomlin was offloaded, even paid off, in the summer so that we could have replaced him. Everyone (well obviously not everyone but certainly us fans) could see Tomlin would never play more than 10% of a season for us and his fitness and injury issues weren't getting any better.

Holding onto him hamstrung us in the transfer market and look at the state we are in.

Doing it now means that any replacement (and I doubt there will be) will be players out of contract who haven't even played since last season or had a pre season. They will be well off the pace.

However, they will still be fitter than Tomlin!

Some of the personal attacks on him though are OTT.
    Maybe things have been more complicated than you imagine behind the scenes.

It will be annoying if we change to a manager who may have used him. He has to be one of the most talented players we've had in recent times, I loved watching him. Its a shame how it worked out.