+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Released

Reserve

Tomlin Released

Re: Tomlin Released

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that following lengthy discussions, Lee Tomlin has left the club by mutual consent.
    Lee made 57 appearances and scored 11 times having signed for the Bluebirds in 2017.

We’d like to thank him for his contribution and wish him the best for the future.

Would have loved to see him fit and playing again like he did at the end of 2019/20 but that was increasingly unlikely.
    Can we use the money saved on his wages to get someone else in?

Good decision.

Well done to the club on this.
    I'm quick enough in having a go but we need more of this.

Bet that cost us a bit.

Bombshell LOL. More like he needed a bomb up his backside. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Bet that cost us a bit.
    It will have done.

He isn't walking away from that contract without a pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Bombshell LOL. More like he needed a bomb up his backside. Good riddance.
    Injuries.

Mental health issues.

Don't be a cock.

Man is a lazy greedy tosser

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Injuries.

Mental health issues.

Don't be a cock.
    He’s just FAT! He’s been paid enormous wages to post his new cars and exotic holidays on social media. Can’t even get himself fit.

The only cock is you.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    He’s just FAT! He’s been paid enormous wages to post his new cars and exotic holidays on social media. Can’t even get himself fit.

The only cock is you.
    Has he suffered with mental health?

Finally!

Good, we're not a charity. Had his struggles but to me, he's a player that's attitude will always be an issue.

Has he suffered with mental health?
    It's the new bad back

He's clearly got some issues both mentally and physically - not his fault the club decided to give him a new contract. When he was on the pitch for us he was generally great for us. Not entirely fair to blame a troubled player for yet another example of managerial and financial mismanagement at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Bet that cost us a bit.
    reduction in the clubs lunch bill should even it out soon

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's the new bad back
    Maybe.

Shouldn't be taken lightly though.

I'm not bothered he's gone, just don't see the need for some peoples comments.

I can only hope the idiots making them are fully fit and have no issues in life.

Injuries.

Mental health issues.

Don't be a cock.
    If that's true then I retract my comments but on the face of it an absolute farce by both the club letting it get to this stage and for Tomlin to let himself go that badly.

Is it true that he never moved from the Leicester area

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    If that's true then I retract my comments but on the face of it an absolute farce by both the club letting it get to this stage and for Tomlin to let himself go that badly.

Is it true that he never moved from the Leicester area
    I refer to phylissants (SP) comment above.

I have no issues with Tomlin going but the timing shows a complete lack of footballing brains at the club.

Any decent football person would have recommended that Tomlin was offloaded, even paid off, in the summer so that we could have replaced him. Everyone (well obviously not everyone but certainly us fans) could see Tomlin would never play more than 10% of a season for us and his fitness and injury issues weren't getting any better.

Holding onto him hamstrung us in the transfer market and look at the state we are in.

Doing it now means that any replacement (and I doubt there will be) will be players out of contract who haven't even played since last season or had a pre season. They will be well off the pace.

However, they will still be fitter than Tomlin!

Some of the personal attacks on him though are OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It will have done.

He isn't walking away from that contract without a pay off.
    Mercenary footballer at every club he's been at , I'm sure the pay offs pay for his habits and fines

This situation really had to come to an end. I suspect the termination terms were more in his favour. He will no doubt wash up at another club soon enough with a nice signing on fee and do f**k all for them until he plays us.

Maybe.

Shouldn't be taken lightly though.

I'm not bothered he's gone, just don't see the need for some peoples comments.

I can only hope the idiots making them are fully fit and have no issues in life.
    I'm not I have some very serous depression issues going on with one of my children since the birth of her children for the last 10 years its bloody tough .

All I can see is the same trend at every club he has been at , one can have stress but still keep fit and play a part in life , until someone provides me with real evidence of diagnosis ,or proof he's sought help at a a top end facility which he could easily afford I will not be convinced , in my opinion he has used this as an excuse not to play ,when you have a manager who states at a press conference "I don't know where he is, not heard form him this week" its speaks volumes .

If I'm proved wrong I will humbly apologies , if he is not suffering then its very poor indeed for the real cases in life .

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    He's clearly got some issues both mentally and physically - not his fault the club decided to give him a new contract. When he was on the pitch for us he was generally great for us. Not entirely fair to blame a troubled player for yet another example of managerial and financial mismanagement at the club.
    Imagine the fans if we didn't give him a new contract when he was in the form of his life.

Tomlin statement:

"I would like to thank all the staff and players over the years I've met a this incredible football club," Tomlin wrote on Instagram.

"It’s been an absolute honour to play for Cardiff City Football Club.

"To all the fans I loved trying to get you off your seats with excitement every time I played, you have been amazing to me from the start to finish and will always be in my heart."