+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Butetown mural defaced

Re: Butetown mural defaced

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    life on Mars did in the post I was replying to.
    There seems to be an effort to throw the paint as high as possible. Whatever the motive I hope they find those responsible.
    The motive was racist

I mean there's idiots who accuse people of playing the race card

And there is white paint thrown over a painting celebrating the racial diversity of Cardiff

And people think it possibly wasn't racially motivated ?

Jesus christ

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I just don’t get what in that mural would provoke such a reaction, but then I suppose I see nothing in it to get intimidated or threatened about.
    That's because you are not a thick racist idiot

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Who said they were pissed up youths? People often discard paint tins around the place so it could be Kids just fecking about. I see it being more chance of just vandalism rather than having a racist motive.
    You're wrong. This wasn't a bunch of kids messing around. The damage was done by a solitary individual. The perpetrator arrived on the scene carrying a tin of paint at approximately 4:00am in the morning. He or she has been caught on camera. Whether or not the CCTV images that were captured are good enough to trace the individual concerned is doubtful, but what is absolutely certain is that this was a pre-planned attack on the mural and not a random act of vandalism.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You're wrong. This wasn't a bunch of kids messing around. The damage was done by a solitary individual. The perpetrator arrived on the scene carrying a tin of paint at approximately 4:00am in the morning. He or she has been caught on camera. Whether or not the CCTV images that were captured are good enough to trace the individual concerned is doubtful, but what is absolutely certain is that this was a pre-planned attack on the mural and not a random act of vandalism.
    It’s mental isn’t it? What sort of caveman would do such a thing? There are a few jacks in Cardiff mind……let’s hope he gets caught soon

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Morons , I find that the modern world is full of vile behaviours like this and dreadful abuse on social media from all aspects of life
    Id' put my money on pissed up/high as kite youths who have no agenda as they have no brains , thinking its funny and a wheeze , as they run away ?
    There was a fair bit of crap placed in and around poor old Nye Bevan stature which was upsetting , don't think folk like statues, murals or history these days .

Type this into Google jewish memorial vandalised
    So transparent it’s pathetic.

Who said they were pissed up youths?
    People often discard paint tins around the place so it could be Kids just fecking about
    I see it being more chance of just vandalism rather than having a racist motive.
    If it were a white person that someone threw black paint on i'd say the same.
    Why are racists always so desperate to play down anything being racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    4am attack, white paint on a large mural of a black woman. Two summers of debate and action over murals depicting figures perceived as racist, intolerant....... Must've been kids with a pot of paint, who were up early for school and had no idea how throwing white paint over the face of a black women, would look. why not a bus stop window?

Probably best to let the police do their job.

Personally, I can imagine that racial intent may have been likely here - it's very common for graffiti art to be defaced, but not usually with white paint thrown over it -it's normally tagging.

So yeah, some kind of racist attack - quite probably. But it could easily be an attack because it's someone wearing a City shirt (the paint was white, it's the south wales derby coming up..) or someone with an issue with the artist etc, or wanton vandalism, although that seems unlikely as who has paint at 4am?

I hope they catch them and charge them with vandalism and also something to recognise the racist element, if that's a part of it. I also hope they have to help the artist touch it up.

Either way, with any unsolved crime, is speculation really all that helpful? You can call crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if anyone has any information.

If it was on camera and at that time I stand corrected as it does sound like a racist incident , lets hope they get a good prosecution and make an example of the individual /s as its a lovely unique mural .

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    4am attack, white paint on a large mural of a black woman. Two summers of debate and action over murals depicting figures perceived as racist, intolerant....... Must've been kids with a pot of paint, who were up early for school and had no idea how throwing white paint over the face of a black women, would look. why not a bus stop window?
    I've got to admit, may be me being naïve, but when I first heard it I did wonder whether it was racially motivated, or a Swansea fan defacing the city shirt, or just a pissed up gang of kids who stumbled across a tin of paint.
    on hearing it was a lone individual at 4 am I would certainly be veering towards it being racially/culturally motivated.

Can someone post a link to how we can contribute to its repair, or could someone post it as new post so it stands out, it will be strong message

Well I have never called someone a C!!t , or thrown anything at a black person.
    Strangely specific.

Can someone post a link to how we can contribute to its repair, or could someone post it as new post so it stands out, it will be strong message
    TOBW has posted a link above.
    £1500 has already been donated against a target of £750

TOBW has posted a link above.
    £1500 has already been donated against a target of £750
    The original artist did it Seriously hope the offender is caught, punished & ridiculed.

[QUOTE=The Bloop;5231808]TOBW has posted a link above.
    £1500 has already been donated against a target of £750[/QUOTE

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

The original artist did it Seriously hope the offender is caught, punished & ridiculed.
    Riverside Banksy??

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I'm racist?? You dickhead..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Who are you trying to kid
    I was going by passed experience regarding kids finding paint and throwing it over buildings and pavements.
    In this case i believe i was wrong and hope the bastard who did it is caught and punished.
    I was in Butetown week before last visiting some friends and i mentioned the mural and how good i thought it was and they seemed very happy if not proud of it.

Pissed up youths wouldn't go around carrying a tin of vinyl silk emulsion.
    This is what's worrying, its premeditated.

Shame a few docks boys didn't catch them in the act.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The bloke was a scumbag and career criminal anyone threatening to harm/kill an unborn baby doesn't deserve a statue.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    This is what's worrying, its premeditated.

Shame a few docks boys didn't catch them in the act.
    Hopefully whoever it is will be caught and named and shamed.

The bloke was a scumbag and career criminal anyone threatening to harm/kill an unborn baby doesn't deserve a statue.
    the statue clearly isn't there to celebrate the way he lived, it is to remember how he died and what has happened since