+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Butetown mural defaced

Re: Butetown mural defaced

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I was going by passed experience regarding kids finding paint and throwing it over buildings and pavements.
    In this case i believe i was wrong and hope the bastard who did it is caught and punished.
    I was in Butetown week before last visiting some friends and i mentioned the mural and how good i thought it was and they seemed very happy if not proud of it.
    Top man

The bloke was a scumbag and career criminal anyone threatening to harm/kill an unborn baby doesn't deserve a statue.
    Irrespective of what he did he was killed by a police officer who suffocated him

And he was one of many black men killed by the police in the USA

This what the protest was about

I was going by passed experience regarding kids finding paint and throwing it over buildings and pavements.
    In this case i believe i was wrong and hope the bastard who did it is caught and punished.
    I was in Butetown week before last visiting some friends and i mentioned the mural and how good i thought it was and they seemed very happy if not proud of it.
    You get wilful damage everywhere from mindless folk .

Its all a bit sad as these stones In the link below and the statue in town have had stuff damaged and put on them .

I can remember paint throwing as very naughty pastime at many statues and buildings

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/l...bevan-12879598

This is the sort of penalties we should dish out 8 years imprisonment once they are found ,make folk think twice , community service wont

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgntp

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What a defence
    I would pay good money to spend a day inside his head to see how it works

The bloke was a scumbag and career criminal anyone threatening to harm/kill an unborn baby doesn't deserve a statue.
    He didn't choose to become the martyr the police chose that by killing him in the street.

What did he do to make him a scumbag? Did he do anything bad enough to be killed by the state without a trial?

I'm racist?? You dickhead..
    Ok I'll apologise just don't post any opinions which would make you look racist by parrotting racist tropes spread around the internet......

Oh never mind you thick racist

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He didn't choose to become the martyr the police chose that by killing him in the street.

What did he do to make him a scumbag? Did he do anything bad enough to be killed by the state without a trial?
    He didn't deserve to die, obviously, that was tragic.

He didn't seem to be the nicest person in the world mind did he, the stories can't all be wrong, some people may label him a scumbag for some of the choices he made in life.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He didn't deserve to die, obviously, that was tragic.

He didn't seem to be the nicest person in the world mind did he, the stories can't all be wrong, some people may label him a scumbag for some of the choices he made in life.
    So the mural should be defaced then?

Unless entirely missing the point how he lived is life isn't important in the slightest is it?

What did he even do to make him a scumbag? Was it any worse than any other scumbag?

A recent post on Facebook shows a photo of an injured woman with a text that claims Floyd assaulted her. The June 14 post claims Aracely Henriquez "was the woman kidnapped and brutally beaten during a home invasion by George Floyd and his accomplices as they searched her home for drugs and money."

The post then goes on to claim Henriquez was pregnant at the time and that Floyd threatened to kill her baby.

False claims surrounding Floyd's death in Minneapolis police custody and protests have also surfaced online and have been previously debunked by USA TODAY.
    Unrelated incident in Spain

The woman pictured in the viral post is not Henriquez; her name is Andrea Sicignano.

Sicignano shared her story in December 2018, writing that she was sexually assaulted by a stranger when studying in Madrid.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/f...im/5415937002/
    Funny how quickly people are to lap up this bollocks isn't it.

Anyway it's by the by, no one is saying he's a hero but he is a martyr for a cause and anyone defacing that statue is doing it as a nagative against that cause.

So the mural should be defaced then?

Unless entirely missing the point how he lived is life isn't important in the slightest is it?

What did he even do to make him a scumbag? Was it any worse than any other scumbag?
    Didn't say it did, did I.

Ok I'll apologise just don't post any opinions which would make you look racist by parrotting racist tropes spread around the internet......

Oh never mind you thick racist
    Nothing i have said makes me a racist.
    Stop being a stupid ****

Nothing i have said makes me a racist.
    Its ok, I've said the statue deserved to be vandalised without actually saying the statue deserved to be vandalised. I'm a modern day magician.