+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Efficient Police

Efficient Police

Having terrible trouble on one of my jobs with an unbalanced neighbour. She’s crackers, always complaining, she’s complained to the council about us, they’ve given her the bum’s rush realising she’s an out and out nutter. The job is on the Taff Trail in Taff’s Well and she lives opposite us, she complained to the body that supervises that, a representative from them called but could see that we weren’t a problem. Her husband is a great bloke who actually agrees with us that she’s loop da loop. Her main complaint is that we shouldn’t be driving on the trail (there’s no other way to get to the job), the family next door to our job use the trail in their car, it’s their only way to get to their house as well as us.

It’s a bit rich for someone who reckons that vehicles shouldn’t use the trail that she has four scrap cars, making the area look very untidy, on the grass verge outside her house. Anyway, she’s now bought a car and is obviously driving on the trail to reach her house.

Today a copper came on the job, very polite, asked me if I had a young lad working for me, I ask why and, containing a laugh, said that they’d had a complaint from the woman across the way that he’d made faces at her when she was getting in her car. The lad who works for me turned up then and the copper asks him if he’d made faces at the woman. He admitted to poking his tongue out at her and calling her a hypocrite over the vehicle situation.

The poking out of the tongue took place this morning and the police were there by early afternoon. So I advise anyone in the Taff’s Well area to be on their guard, don’t poke your tongue out, blow raspberries or thumb your nose at anyone or the rozzers will be there in no time. As for burglaries, robberies, violent incidents crack on.

Re: Efficient Police

Is that here?Capture.jpg
    I'll be careful not to stick my tongue out next time I am passing.
    It may be that she is suffering from dementia. Years ago we lived in a first floor flat and had a lot of trouble from the woman in the ground floor flat, looking back on it, knowing what I know now, I expect she had dementia.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Is that here?Capture.jpg
    I'll be careful not to stick my tongue out next time I am passing.
    It may be that she is suffering from dementia. Years ago we lived in a first floor flat and had a lot of trouble from the woman in the ground floor flat, looking back on it, knowing what I know now, I expect she had dementia.
    It’s near there, you get to it via Parish Rd, adjacent to Taff’s Well FC. She hasn’t got dementia at all, she’s been nuts all her life according to her husband. He was stopped in the nick of time from throttling her in their garden some years back after she pushed him over the edge, a neighbour pulled him away from her. It’s certainly fun & games up there.

I know where you mean, a little bit further up the trail.
    I would have put in for a divorce by now if I was him.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I know where you mean, a little bit further up the trail.
    I would have put in for a divorce by now if I was him.
    Aw, I know, he’s a lovely bloke. He’s out of the house early every morning messing about in the garden just to get away from her he says. Loves coming over and chatting to us, he’s given us a hand on numerous occasions. Can’t get over the police turning up for someone poking their tongue out though, unbelievable, you can’t get them out for burglaries or the like, must have been a quiet day. The copper was visibly embarrassed and spent more time chatting about the job than what he was called out for.

I walk up and down there regularly with my dogs and often thought what the state of that house on the inside is like, if the scrap VW polo's on the front are anything to go by.
    My wife always says what a lovely house going to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    I walk up and down there regularly with my dogs and often thought what the state of that house on the inside is like, if the scrap VW polo's on the front are anything to go by.
    My wife always says what a lovely house going to waste.
    I know my site opposite doesn’t look the best at the moment with the hoarding up etc but that’ll be rectified as the external work proceeds and will enhance the area but, dear me, those derelict cars make it look like some kind of struggling scrap yard, not a good look. I’ve checked them out and they’re all SORN but apparently SORN vehicles should only be in a garage or a driveway, I’m sure if a cyclist collided with one there’d be repercussions. With the hassle she’s given me I’ve been a hairsbreadth from dobbing her in to the DVLA, I didn’t even mention it to the copper today. I’ve not taken action due to my good relationship with her husband although when our job is complete I’m not sure the owners will be too impressed with the bits of tin on four wheels adorning the approach to their property.

These days, if you say you're English, you'll be arrested and thrown in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Thank God he’s from Fairwater & those bloody taxi drivers will spout any shite

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Aw, I know, he’s a lovely bloke. He’s out of the house early every morning messing about in the garden just to get away from her he says. Loves coming over and chatting to us, he’s given us a hand on numerous occasions. Can’t get over the police turning up for someone poking their tongue out though, unbelievable, you can’t get them out for burglaries or the like, must have been a quiet day. The copper was visibly embarrassed and spent more time chatting about the job than what he was called out for.
    After reading your interesting post I now reluctantly realize I need to go to Specsavers.

It took me THREE goes before I grasped that you weren't writing "he's given us a HARD ON on numerous occasions" Modern life makes just about anything possible I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    vintage stewart lee

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    After reading your interesting post I now reluctantly realize I need to go to Specsavers.

It took me THREE goes before I grasped that you weren't writing "he's given us a HARD ON on numerous occasions" Modern life makes just about anything possible I suppose.
    You’ve admitted your error and you stand erected