+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales and Ireland to be banned from wearing red and green against each other

Wales and Ireland to be banned from wearing red and green against each other

Re: Wales and Ireland to be banned from wearing red and green against each other

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I’m colourblind with red and green, and blue and red to an extent.

Don’t have a problem telling different teams apart when they’re playing in red and green, a la wales v ireland.

Do find it tricky when stripey teams play each other, Newcastle v Sunderland for example, but not sure if everyone does??

Re: Wales and Ireland to be banned from wearing red and green against each other

Some of our players seem to struggle with blue & blue alone, any ideas how to sort that out?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I’m colourblind with red and green, and blue and red to an extent.

Don’t have a problem telling different teams apart when they’re playing in red and green, a la wales v ireland.

Do find it tricky when stripey teams play each other, Newcastle v Sunderland for example, but not sure if everyone does??
    Make it easier for me . I struggle with red and green.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Some of our players seem to struggle with blue & blue alone, any ideas how to sort that out?
    Bells ?

Do those with red/green colour blindness also struggle with seeing players against the grass background?

The problem doesn't just affect spectators. A footballer was interviewed on Radio 4 and he had problems when playing for Charlton against Plymouth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Do those with red/green colour blindness also struggle with seeing players against the grass background?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The problem doesn't just affect spectators. A footballer was interviewed on Radio 4 and he had problems when playing for Charlton against Plymouth.
    Only against one team?? Again, any ideas how to sort our lot out?

Bells!

Not many teams play in green, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Bells!
    Ring once to chip it long, twice to smack the fecking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Bells!
    Don’t reckon Bells, Johnny Walker or Haig could sort our passing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Not many teams play in green, of course.

Cardiff Hibs mind you there’s some weird and wonderful away strips now, never thought I’d see us in pink although David Marshall very often sported a pink number.

surely it's not beyond the realms of technology to digitally modify the Colour of teams shirts on the fly for televised games.
    "press the red button now to see Wales playing in black"

Why is it taking 4 years to implement?! It's been recognized as a problem and it's an easy fix

Many years ago it was the custom or tradition that yellow jerseys could only be worn by goalkeepers in internationals. Most goalkeepers wore green jerseys. I used to look forward to when Plymouth Argyle came to Ninian Park to see the City goalkeeper in his second kit. I think it was red but I could be mistaken. Was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Why is it taking 4 years to implement?! It's been recognized as a problem and it's an easy fix
    The question could also be asked, why has it taken all these yrs to come to the fore?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The question could also be asked, why has it taken all these yrs to come to the fore?
    Well yes that's also undoubtedly true, althoughI suppose you could say as a society we're gradually trying to be more understanding towards people's different needs. Once it's been recognized as an issue it seems weird to take so long to tell them to wear their away kit though

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Ring once to chip it long, twice to smack the fecking thing.
    Then colourblindness wouldn't be our biggest problem, tinnitus would!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Then colourblindness wouldn't be our biggest problem, tinnitus would!
    Don’t please don’t it can be horrendous, a colleague of mine committed suicide due to his tinnitus.

Shiley Irish black shorts and Welsh white shorts would solve this problem? (or vice versa)

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    For years I have suffered in silence..

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    surely it's not beyond the realms of technology to digitally modify the Colour of teams shirts on the fly for televised games.
    "press the red button now to see Wales playing in black"
    The solution proposed is for teams that play in a light-coloured kit to use a dark-coloured second kit when a clash would happen and vice versa.

Whatever happened to shirts v skins?