+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wales and Ireland to be banned from wearing red and green against each other

Re: Wales and Ireland to be banned from wearing red and green against each other

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Some of our players seem to struggle with blue & blue alone, any ideas how to sort that out?
    Go 5 and 5 outfield opposite kits might up our chances of finding a team mate.

Re: Wales and Ireland to be banned from wearing red and green against each other

Only against one team?? Again, any ideas how to sort our lot out?
    Might have been the only team in Green in the league? Not sure just a guess.

Cardiff Hibs mind you there’s some weird and wonderful away strips now, never thought I’d see us in pink although David Marshall very often sported a pink number.
    Playing league games I'm guessing. Slightly obvious at that..

Why don't we re introduce black and white television 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The solution proposed is for teams that play in a light-coloured kit to use a dark-coloured second kit when a clash would happen and vice versa.
    A mate who has red/green blindness says he has no trouble with Wales Ireland games as the green shirts are fairly bright anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    A mate who has red/green blindness says he has no trouble with Wales Ireland games as the green shirts are fairly bright anyway.
    That's me as well. I'm really quite colour blind and in lots of situations i can see a difference as the 'green' is brighter. Mind you, i see (my) red and green shirts for Wales Ireland. I wonder how many of the 8-9 percent with problems really can't see the difference between them. Why couldn't they just put a white (any contrasting colour) hoop around the shirt body and sleeves and socks for one of the teams? Main colour would stay the same so everybody should be happy.

Talking of colourblindness - watched Republic of Ireland v Holland in the World Cup a couple of decades ago, can't remember which tournament, sometime in the 80's perhaps, it was when the jerseys were really shiny. Green against orange and I didn't have clue what was going on

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Why don't we re introduce black and white television 🤔
    Didn't John Motson once say, “For those of you watching in black and white, Spurs are in the all-yellow strip.”

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Didn't John Motson once say, “For those of you watching in black and white, Spurs are in the all-yellow strip.”
    That sounds like a lift from Ted Lowe, the snooker commentator, who said "and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green".