+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Bank toilets !!

Bob Bank toilets !!

I remember going to the loo at half time on a rainy day at the Canton Stand end,and getting soaked in more ways than one. !!If there was a big crowd, it would take you all of half time to get there and back. As for the slope going from the Bob Bank to behind the Canton Stand, you were taking your life in your hands with the crush of people all hurrying to get out onto Sloper Road and get home. Those wee the days, great days to be at Ninian, when football belonged to the working man. Very few women went to a game in those days. It’s a bit different now. Same with tv, on a Saturday afternoon. If you don’t have lots of women reporting on goals as they go in, it’s not politically correct. Not sure if times have changed for the better.

Re: Bob Bank toilets !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    I remember going to the loo at half time on a rainy day at the Canton Stand end,and getting soaked in more ways than one. !!If there was a big crowd, it would take you all of half time to get there and back. As for the slope going from the Bob Bank to behind the Canton Stand, you were taking your life in your hands with the crush of people all hurrying to get out onto Sloper Road and get home. Those wee the days, great days to be at Ninian, when football belonged to the working man. Very few women went to a game in those days. It’s a bit different now. Same with tv, on a Saturday afternoon. If you don’t have lots of women reporting on goals as they go in, it’s not politically correct. Not sure if times have changed for the better.
    Dripford would want you to have a passport to enter the old bob bank pisser, the smell was erotic wasn't it!!!

The smell of fags and piss remind me of Ninian Park, not the most pleasant memory

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Is that you taking photos ?

Best left in the past

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Best left in the past
    Love that blokes expression, it's the 'do your fly up, adjust your bollocks face' carried out while walking out of a pisser. Takes many years to master.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Best left in the past
    There's also a camera at top left. Dirty Bastard football club, ahead of it's time though.

I can smell the steam coming out right now.

I can smell the piss now!

Ps can’t remember, but how did anyone manage if they wanted a poo?

None of that washing yer hands stuff , quick pee then onto yer steaming hot pie

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post

Under the Grange end

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post

Shirley nobody was ever that desperate they had to go at the football!

Is the aroma of steaming piss the reason why a few people refer to NP as the 'old lady'?

And people still remember the place with fondness. The best I could say of the place is that it was of its time.

I recall always ensuring I wore waterproof shoes to avoid wet feet while walking through the river of effluent on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I was thinking it was more of a wall than a toilet, then I saw this!

I used to refer to it as the 'al fresco pissoir'. I felt such a term brought an element of sophistication to the proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I used to refer to it as the 'al fresco pissoir'. I felt such a term brought an element of sophistication to the proceedings.
    Still have them in France, albeit not as exposed, and there's also one at the St Fagans museum aswell (not functional though)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Still have them in France, albeit not as exposed, and there's also one at the St Fagans museum aswell (not functional though)
    And who remembers 'Clochemerle'?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And who remembers 'Clochemerle'?
    I do

Wendy Hiller played the old lady who objected to , well, everything.

And Cyd Hayman MMmmm

What about the portacabins - god they were awful. Also only one ladies bog at either end of the bob bank. Anyone who pines for those days is mad.

the steam of other mens piss wafting into your face as you are undoing your zip.....

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What about the portacabins - god they were awful. Also only one ladies bog at either end of the bob bank. Anyone who pines for those days is mad.
    Exactly, it was well past it’s sell by date. It was getting more of a shithole & embarrassment season by season. Can never understand fans who seem to recall it as some sort of utopian cauldron. For its last 30 odd years (since the late 60s/early 70s), the atmosphere was mostly dire, the stand out moments stand out because of their infrequency. God knows where we’d be had we not moved across the car park.

Thinking back to the History of Cardiff City Video that was out circa 1993 - narrated by Richard Shepard.

Imagine what the stadium would have been like over the years and today - if we had been given the open land we are on now originally.
    Ninian Park was an old landfill site next to the railway sidings.

Often had to stand aside as a stream of gold flowed down the bob bank, but sure warmed you up on a freezing January evening.

As there were so many of us rushing to get back to the game crammed in , it was easy to piss /splash on others sandals