+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lecturer sacked for throwing cardboard at sleeping pupil

Lecturer sacked for throwing cardboard at sleeping pupil

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...turer-21780061

I’m sure we have all seen worse than this in school back in the day? This world is now insane

Re: Lecturer sacked for throwing cardboard at sleeping pupil

Was in high school in the early 2000's and remember some of the teachers would throw some quite witty but also offensive comments about. Definitely wouldn't be said in a school today, by the teacher anyway.

Remember the odd pen flying too, probably not at a dangerous height though as even then a pen to the face probably wasn't a good thing.

Back in the early sixties there was a teacher at my school who used to throw a rubber at anyone who wasn't paying attention to him. Normally, he used to aim for the head.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    Back in the early sixties there was a teacher at my school who used to throw a rubber at anyone who wasn't paying attention to him. Normally, he used to aim for the head.
    One of my teachers used to throw a small metal globe, which used to come apart in two pieces, northern and southern hemispheres, on impact with either the student or the back wall of the class room if the would-be target moved in good time or if the shot was wayward.

I got picked up once by the back of my jumper from my seat out the class, feet didn’t touch the floor the whole way. Somehow I can’t imagine that occurring now…. mid 80’s too

The kid must be at least 16 to be in college and its his foster parents getting involved.
    Utterly pathetic, from all sides.

How times have changed...caned several times and given the purple nurple. Can i dig up those graves and claim reparations?

Wooden blackboard rubbers were a common weapon of choice for teachers when I was a lad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Wooden blackboard rubbers were a common weapon of choice for teachers when I was a lad.
    Luxury.
    Wooden blackboard duster would be thrown from at least 30 feet by our psychopathic teacher.

We'd think at the time that he'd aim to miss on purpose, just to shake you up, until one day this one kid (proper case) ducked and missed him by inches.
    The teacher then gave him four of the best for ducking!

If he hadn't ducked he'd have ended up in hospital, or worse

We had a psycho teacher who liked to call pupils to the front of their class, get them in a handshake and squeeze sometimes until they cried in front of everybody.

One time a lad stood up to him and after he'd squeezed and gained no reaction offered him out down in the gym. Legend.

I think it's interesting that, while many talk about missiles being hurled by teachers in the past, no-one has suggested it made them think twice about their behaviour. Violence towards children as a way of punishment or correction doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think it's interesting that, while many talk about missiles being hurled by teachers in the past, no-one has suggested it made them think twice about their behaviour. Violence towards children as a way of punishment or correction doesn't work.
    Many kids would see it as a game to see how far they could push a teacher before they snapped.
    The parents would take the view that their child probably deserved any punishment that was dished out (as they probably received the same or worse when they were kids)

I was caned in school

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We had one teacher, he was amazing, everyone loved him. Everyone knew he could flip, just shouting really, banging the table etc…but no one ever crossed that line. Best teacher in Radyr Comp by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I was caned in school
    You leave that to your Dominatrix these days

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Brother Adrian at St Illtyds loved chucking those things

Black board rubber thrown at my head and pinned to the wall.

I'd say the world WAS insane.

I understand some things are silly these days, but anteacher throwing something at a pupil isn't a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'd say the world WAS insane.

I understand some things are silly these days, but anteacher throwing something at a pupil isn't a good example.
    Interesting. You say the world was insane my view is the opposite. In our day there seemed a lot more respect than there is nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You leave that to your Dominatrix these days
    We are talking about a different kind of caned here TIT

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Interesting. You say the world was insane my view is the opposite. In our day there seemed a lot more respect than there is nowadays.
    I am saying throwing things at pupils isn't normal. The rest you concluded yourself.

Whilst most of us of a certain age would think this is incredibly harsh there is obviously two sides to the story. It says he is a foster child. Maybe he’s a vulnerable child, or has a history of violence in the home. We don’t know.

That said he shouldn’t be kipping in class.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...turer-21780061

I’m sure we have all seen worse than this in school back in the day? This world is now insane
    Throwing something at a pupil is a violent act, illustrating a lack of restraint and poor decision-making unbecoming of a teacher. Yes, most of us had worse, but that doesn't make it OK. Looking back, I can't believe the crass behavior of some of my teachers and the shitty example they set.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Throwing something at a pupil is a violent act, illustrating a lack of restraint and poor decision-making unbecoming of a teacher. Yes, most of us had worse, but that doesn't make it OK. Looking back, I can't believe the crass behavior of some of my teachers and the shitty example they set.
    Its crazy, just because older people had it as the norm it makes the world crazy these days because you can't do it..

getting a kid to pay attention for the next 20 minutes is not worth the downside which is potentially teaching them to use physical violence and intimidation to get what they want.