+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle Takeover Done

Re: Newcastle Takeover Done

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    I completely agree and it's not hypocrisy mate. Tan may have done a few dodgy deals but he hasn't funded Al Qaeda, bombed Yemen, chopped up journalists he doesn't like or beheaded homosexuals.

The amount of whataboutery going on from Newcastle fans online is unbelievable. It's moral relativism at its worst.
    Incredibly, 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were Saudi nationals aswell…..

Newcastle , Sunderland , Wednesday are huge clubs without the plastic tossers United, Liverpool and Leeds have

Newcastle fanatical support comes almost exclusively from the area

The amount if money involved in football now, is verging on the obscene, and has been for a while.
    Whether fans agree with it, or the mechanics and morality of it all, is a discussion that could go on for ever.
    If more foreign wealth is gonna come into the British game, then i for one, am glad it’s Newcastle.
    Their fans have been loyal for what seems an eternity, and apart from the odd flirtation with potential success, have been rewarded with the middle of a doughnut.
    It will be a great watch if they begin to ruffle a few bigger feathers..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

you don't see that in Cardiff
    Well that's bollocks, where in Cardiff do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well that's bollocks, where in Cardiff do you live?
    You are telling me that lots of people in Cardiff wear Cardiff City tops ?

Maybe on matchday when fans from all over South wales are there but not in the way they do in Swansea, there is a very strong link between Swansea the football club and it's population , mostly because of top flight football and an active community programme

Cardiff City just expect people to support them

The percentage of Swanseas population who watch them is far higher than Cardiff

Maybe on matchday when fans from all over South wales are there but not in the way they do in Swansea, there is a very strong link between Swansea the football club and it's population , mostly because of top flight football and an active community programme

I'm saying I live in Cardiff and I see loads of people wearing Cardiff tops. I live closeish to the stadium though so that might have a bearing, where do you live?

It’s not difficult as the city of cardiff is one of the lowest in the uk

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Incredibly, 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were Saudi nationals aswell…..
    There's little doubt that Saudi Arabia ordered and masterminded the attack.

I don't live in Cardiff

I am there all the time though

Even down the bay in the summer you see more man United and Liverpool tops than Cardiff

It simply isn't a city where the population gets behind its football team like they do in Derby, Forest , Sheffield , Portsmouth and even Swansea

I don't live in Cardiff

Even down the bay in the summer you see more man United and Liverpool tops than Cardiff

It simply isn't a city where the population gets behind its football team like they do in Derby, Forest , Sheffield , Portsmouth and even Swansea
    Cardiff is a city where there is a lot more going in than most of those shitholes you mention.

I don't live in Cardiff

Sludge, I was like you once, convinced we would never average more than 25,000 if we became an established Premier League club, but our average gate in 18/19. when we were in the top ten in the country, proved me wrong. I used to call the Ninian Stand extension "Tan's folly", but our last season in the Premier League proved that there was a need for it. While Cardiff will never be a hotbed of football support for the club that represents it, things have moved on since your formed your opinions.

I don't live in Cardiff

Wearing your teams shirt around the town through the week doesn’t appeal to me.
    I don’t think you can gauge a teams support by it either.
    What is a fact though, is the 4 times we played at Wembley recently we sold out our allocation, and could have sold a lot more, and as ToBW has mentioned, we had tremendous support in the Premiership.
    That tells me, that we have a massive hometown fanbase when the team are doing well.
    You could say from that, that we have a lot of fair weather fans. Or you could say that the good folk of Cardiff, will get behind their team when the club are showing ambition and playing well, but are too cute to just spend their hard earned, blindly following the team when they are serving up dross.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Wearing your teams shirt around the town through the week doesn’t appeal to me.
    I don’t think you can gauge a teams support by it either.
    What is a fact though, is the 4 times we played at Wembley recently we sold out our allocation, and could have sold a lot more, and as ToBW has mentioned, we had tremendous support in the Premiership.
    That tells me, that we have a massive hometown fanbase when the team are doing well.
    You could say from that, that we have a lot of fair weather fans. Or you could say that the good folk of Cardiff, will get behind their team when the club are showing ambition and playing well, but are too cute to just spend their hard earned, blindly following the team when they are serving up dross.
    We have a tremendous hard-core support

It's just everyone else vanishes if we are not doing well

We can pull em in , we have a huge catchment area .......its getting them to stay that's the matter

Was having a coffee a few years ago in a cafe , group of cyclists turned up

Bloke saw my city badge , said I wasxa season ticket holder when city were in the Premier league .......under malky ......I said do you still get down there now ? He said no , I am a Liverpool fan , said he went to see city play the big clubs

I am afraid South Wales is full ofvthese fans and big crowds in the Premier league mean nothing if they do a runner

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Going by your logic with wigan and Leicester, they could have already……they never seem too. I don’t even recall if they’ve made it to a cup final in the last 30 years? Have they? Or semi?
    Beaten finalists in 1974, 1998 an 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Would be great if some Israeli businessmen took over Sunderland…
    Alan Sugar

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The amount if money involved in football now, is verging on the obscene, and has been for a while.
    Whether fans agree with it, or the mechanics and morality of it all, is a discussion that could go on for ever.
    If more foreign wealth is gonna come into the British game, then i for one, am glad it’s Newcastle.
    Their fans have been loyal for what seems an eternity, and apart from the odd flirtation with potential success, have been rewarded with the middle of a doughnut.
    It will be a great watch if they begin to ruffle a few bigger feathers..
    Agreed ... have always had a soft spot for both NUFC & SFC.

The money invested will immediately benefit the locality.

There is no limit on spending on infrastructure (training facilities / academy etc)

They can increase capacity or build 100k stadium if they want.

There is a limit on how much they can spend on the team ... FFP

Did not realise about the 15/19 Saudis involved in the NY attacks, but the deal has been done so there is no point digging up issues related to the country who is one of the UKs best customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Agreed ... have always had a soft spot for both NUFC & SFC.

The money invested will immediately benefit the locality.

There is no limit on spending on infrastructure (training facilities / academy etc)

They can increase capacity or build 100k stadium if they want.

There is a limit on how much they can spend on the team ... FFP

Did not realise about the 15/19 Saudis involved in the NY attacks, but the deal has been done so there is no point digging up issues related to the country who is one of the UKs best customers.
    Especially all the bombs and guns we sell them which they use to kill the Yemenis

We have a tremendous hard-core support

It's just everyone else vanishes if we are not doing well

We can pull em in , we have a huge catchment area .......its getting them to stay that's the matter

Was having a coffee a few years ago in a cafe , group of cyclists turned up

Bloke saw my city badge , said I wasxa season ticket holder when city were in the Premier league .......under malky ......I said do you still get down there now ? He said no , I am a Liverpool fan , said he went to see city play the big clubs

I am afraid South Wales is full ofvthese fans and big crowds in the Premier league mean nothing if they do a runner
    We’ve barely skimmed the surface in Cardiff itself….if 10% followed us that would be 40,000 people, let alone Barry, penarth etc which are all but connected anyway. It’s hardly surprising, the club does little to market itself in the city, but it will put on buses to the valleys to get them here.

We’ve barely skimmed the surface in Cardiff itself….if 10% followed us that would be 40,000 people, let alone Barry, penarth etc which are all but connected anyway. It’s hardly surprising, the club does little to market itself in the city, but it will put on buses to the valleys to get them here.
    The club , combined with the local indifferent means only decades long success would increase the size of the club .

Encouraging and pleasing thing in work this morning, the bloke doing the dry lining had his two young lads with him, about 13 & 14, one had a City top on (which pleased me no end). They were helping dropping plaster boards off. I wasn’t aware that one of the lads, bloke in his 30s, doing the boarding was a ahem ‘Liverpool’ fan, the youngsters knew though and the one in the City top shouted ‘Liverpool wanker’ at him as they were leaving

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Encouraging and pleasing thing in work this morning, the bloke doing the dry lining had his two young lads with him, about 13 & 14, one had a City top on (which pleased me no end). They were helping dropping plaster boards off. I wasn’t aware that one of the lads, bloke in his 30s, doing the boarding was a ahem ‘Liverpool’ fan, the youngsters knew though and the one in the City top shouted ‘Liverpool wanker’ at him as they were leaving
    Their father obviously taught them well.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ****ing have that

Especially all the bombs and guns we sell them which they use to kill the Yemenis

Blair’s war in Iraq was legal wasn’t it …. How many poor Iraqis have lost loved ones or have been misplaced ,4 million ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Blair’s war in Iraq was legal wasn’t it …. How many poor Iraqis have lost loved ones or have been misplaced ,4 million ?
    What does that have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    What does that have to do with anything?
    Sorry , wrong thread ….