Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
I watched it and enjoyed it, but whereas I really liked it, I don't think it quite deserves ALL the hype it's getting at the moment. Yes it's good, and yes it's different. But someone said earlier on that the tension needed to be racked up a bit more, and I tend to agree - they could have made it much more 'edge of your seat', it they'd tried. There was also no ambivalence about the characters - only one (maybe two) came out of it with any credit. The rest were all distasteful people, so you didn't really care when they died (spoiler alert). I watched it with the English dubbed on - I find subtitles distract the eyes from the action. Anyway, it's perfectly set up for a second series.

If you like Korean stuff, then I recommend Kingdom - a medieval zombie martial arts series on Netflix. Sounds weird, but they clearly spent a lot of money on it, and it shows. Make sure you watch the main series FIRST, and the prequel 'Kingdom - Ashin of the North' afterwards.

Also recommend two Korean zombie films (there's a theme developing here) called 'Train to Busan' and 'Train to Busan - Peninsular'.
Again - zombie martial arts, but this time in modern times.
Yes Kingdom is great, very slow first episode but then goes mental in a good entertaining way. Train to Busan is one of the best films of the zombie genre