+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CZECH REPUBLIC 2 - 2 WALES. Match thread

Re: CZECH REPUBLIC v WALES. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Build em up, then knock em down.
    Cumon, apart from Blackpool away, he has hardly set your heart thumping

what were our boys spraying on them, in every tackle they went down holding their faces.

Re: FT: CZECH REPUBLIC 2 - 2 WALES. Match thread

Best we’ve played in a few years IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Best we’ve played in a few years IMO.
    Agreed. Very encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Aye, barely cheered his 20 goals last season.

And breathe ….

Thought he did okay tonight.

So what does that mean for Wales in terms of qualification?

Are they in a strong position?

We’re a much better team with Rambo in it. What a display from him. If we could only have one of him or Bale, I would pick him everytime. Together they’re different class.

I thought it was a great performance to a man. We should’ve won but take a draw. 2nd place in our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    So what does that mean for Wales in terms of qualification?

Are they in a strong position?
    We have a good chance of finishing second but for a home play off semi final we need to have as many points as possible. Our dropped points v Estonia may cost us that home draw.
    We will make the play offs but an away semi final is looking likely.

If we finish on the same points as the Czechs is it goal difference or head to head. I’m reading it goal difference then goals scored but they keep talking about head to head?

Rambo was outstanding, always a threat

though must be fair, the whole team put a shift in and looked like they wanted to win

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    If we finish on the same points as the Czechs is it goal difference or head to head. I’m reading it goal difference then goals scored but they keep talking about head to head?
    Per FIFA regs. Position determined in this order:
    1 points gained
    2 goal difference
    3 goals scored.
    Then
    4 points gained in head to head

Is Kieffer finished after 2 good seasons.

Looks a shadow of the player he was
    Agreed. What happened?

We played very well today. But I'm disappointed we didn't win. Some poor decision-making in the final third and some sloppy finishing. We really should have done better. That was a vital 2 points dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Agreed. What happened?
    Virtually no pre season happened, Covid happened, twice, and a move to the Premier League didn’t happen.

As I say, build em up to knock em down.

Virtually no pre season happened, Covid happened, twice, and a move to the Premier League didn’t happen.

If Harry Kane can be knocked off his stride then so can Moore.

What was promising about that performance, was the fact, none of us mentioned Bale.

It’s been too long, but, finally a good game of football for a Cardiff/Wales fan to watch!

Positive Page and his team don't get the reward they deserved after Ward howler.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Rambo was outstanding, always a threat

though must be fair, the whole team put a shift in and looked like they wanted to win
    Looked like he was busting a gut after a missing so many games, shame we can’t get him and bale playing in the same team

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Looked like he was busting a gut after a missing so many games, shame we can’t get him and bale playing in the same team
    Ramsey was outstanding - but did anyone else think KM looked knackered from the start>?...and too easy going down, throwing himself forward with exaggeration.

It’s been too long, but, finally a good game of football for a Cardiff/Wales fan to watch!

Positive Page and his team don't get the reward they deserved after Ward howler.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Good precis that Bob and pretty much how I saw the game.

Elaborating on the KM bit, I think Keiffer, the poor touch in front of goal and the smothered shot by the keeper apart, had a good game in my opinion, especially since he has not played too many games since his much hyped 20-goal season and some of the comments on here about him being washed up, if tongue in cheek, pretty OTT.

Page must take credit for his change of approach but you have to have the personnel to make a difference and Keiffer was a breath of fresh air playing as the target man and showed a lot of character in the second half against a pretty physical defence along with a homer of a ref.

Dan James, who on the whole was very good and superb finish for our equaliser, must also take a bit of blame for Moore's one on one as it was not only overhit but he could have played it earlier for Keiffer to make his own mind up how to finish it.

The only thing Page may have got wrong was the selection of Morrell again ahead of Wilson but it would be harsh to criticise too many to be fair, apart from Ward's "Enkelmann moment".

How much of an influence was Aaron Ramsey on the overall performance though, MOTM by some distance IMHO.

I have to take issue with this statement. When he was good everyone said he was good, now he's not doing so well people wonder why.

Maybe it was Keiffer that built himself up. He's been good, but he's never an EPL player. He's a workhorse with good feet and good aerial ability. Can you really see him playing for Wolves?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Good precis that Bob and pretty much how I saw the game.

Elaborating on the KM bit, I think Keiffer, the poor touch in front of goal and the smothered shot by the keeper apart, had a good game in my opinion, especially since he has not played too many games since his much hyped 20-goal season and some of the comments on here about him being washed up, if tongue in cheek, pretty OTT.

Page must take credit for his change of approach but you have to have the personnel to make a difference and Keiffer was a breath of fresh air playing as the target man and showed a lot of character in the second half against a pretty physical defence along with a homer of a ref.

Dan James, who on the whole was very good and superb finish for our equaliser, must also take a bit of blame for Moore's one on one as it was not only overhit but he could have played it earlier for Keiffer to make his own mind up how to finish it.

The only thing Page may have got wrong was the selection of Morrell again ahead of Wilson but it would be harsh to criticise too many to be fair, apart from Ward's "Enkelmann moment".

How much of an influence was Aaron Ramsey on the overall performance though, MOTM by some distance IMHO.
    I watched the BBC highlights programme this morning and it made me more convinced that Keiffer had a pretty good game, better than he has been for City lately definitely. Would Wales have played as well without him in the side? I don’t think so.

A draw’s no good to us on Monday, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wilson start, but Page obviously likes Allen and Morrell there together in central midfield, so I think a switch to a back four with Mepham dropping out might be the way to get Wilson into the team.

Ramsey did very well, but I wonder what anyone watching from Juventus would have made of that run he made for his goal - that was a fit man’s run!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have to take issue with this statement. When he was good everyone said he was good, now he's not doing so well people wonder why.

Maybe it was Keiffer that built himself up. He's been good, but he's never an EPL player. He's a workhorse with good feet and good aerial ability. Can you really see him playing for Wolves?
    I don’t know, two years ago it would have been hard to imagine him as a successful Championship player, but he’s a late developer who could still have some more development in him yet, despite his age.

One thing I’m sure of is that he can play in other styles than we see used by City, in fact, I’d say you get more out of him ny playing more football than we do.