Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
Good precis that Bob and pretty much how I saw the game.

Elaborating on the KM bit, I think Keiffer, the poor touch in front of goal and the smothered shot by the keeper apart, had a good game in my opinion, especially since he has not played too many games since his much hyped 20-goal season and some of the comments on here about him being washed up, if tongue in cheek, pretty OTT.

Page must take credit for his change of approach but you have to have the personnel to make a difference and Keiffer was a breath of fresh air playing as the target man and showed a lot of character in the second half against a pretty physical defence along with a homer of a ref.

Dan James, who on the whole was very good and superb finish for our equaliser, must also take a bit of blame for Moore's one on one as it was not only overhit but he could have played it earlier for Keiffer to make his own mind up how to finish it.

The only thing Page may have got wrong was the selection of Morrell again ahead of Wilson but it would be harsh to criticise too many to be fair, apart from Ward's "Enkelmann moment".

How much of an influence was Aaron Ramsey on the overall performance though, MOTM by some distance IMHO.
I watched the BBC highlights programme this morning and it made me more convinced that Keiffer had a pretty good game, better than he has been for City lately definitely. Would Wales have played as well without him in the side? I don’t think so.

A draw’s no good to us on Monday, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wilson start, but Page obviously likes Allen and Morrell there together in central midfield, so I think a switch to a back four with Mepham dropping out might be the way to get Wilson into the team.

Ramsey did very well, but I wonder what anyone watching from Juventus would have made of that run he made for his goal - that was a fit man’s run!