+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tipping Point. Hilarious!

Tipping Point. Hilarious!

Watching it today, and guy gets asked “ The American Presidents official office in the Whitehouse, is named after what egg like shape?”
    He answers “ The Pentagon !!”
    It cracked me up 😂😂 (pun intended)

Re: Tipping Point. Hilarious!

I dont watch that programme anymore - I've had un oeuf of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I dont watch that programme anymore - I've had un oeuf of it.
    I shell choose to ignore that!

Yes I heard that as well WT
    Couldn’t quite believe it lol 😂
    It must be an age thing as my daily ritual is Tipping Point followed by the Chase every day whilst I’m preparing tea 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Couldn’t quite believe it lol 😂
    It must be an age thing as my daily ritual is Tipping Point followed by the Chase every day whilst I’m preparing tea 👍
    Same haha. I've also started watching Bargain Hunt on my lunch times. Is this what usually happens once you turn 40? 😂

Couldn’t quite believe it lol ��
    It must be an age thing as my daily ritual is Tipping Point followed by the Chase every day whilst I’m preparing tea ��
    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Same haha. I've also started watching Bargain Hunt on my lunch times. Is this what usually happens once you turn 40? ��
    I watch most of the quiz progs, but having seen Bargain Hunt once, I vowed never to watch it again.

I reckon so lol 😂
    I’m past fifty
    Quizzing is good for mental stimulation and I’m sticking to it 👍

I could never see the point of Bargain Hunt tho?
    Okay you’ll get four times your supposed 15 minutes of fame in your lifetime but to win what?
    Very rarely teams make money and mostly are deep in the red
    Still I wouldn’t pass up the opportunity of spending an hour in the company of Catherine Trevanion- very pleasing on the eye 😁
    My luck tho I’d apply and get lumbered with Anita 😆

its beyond a yolk

Can't stand that ex comedian pillock who presents the show he has a real air of looking down his nose at everyone.
    Complete wank spangle

Couldn’t quite believe it lol ��
    It must be an age thing as my daily ritual is Tipping Point followed by the Chase every day whilst I’m preparing tea ��
    Erm, the rule in our house is Tipping Point, then Pointless, then The Chase on +1. Got to get the three in if I’m home early enough.

To save you some time SP
    if you flip straight over to BBC1 at the end of the Chase you’ll be able to see Zander Armstrong asking the finalists for their 3 answers
    Boom 💥

To save you some time SP
    if you flip straight over to BBC1 at the end of the Chase you’ll be able to see Zander Armstrong asking the finalists for their 3 answers
    Boom ��

But then you’ve got bugger all bar news on between 6 & 7 and you’re up to date on the news anyway with the various online outlets.

Give the Mrs a hand to wash the dishes 😊

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    But then you’ve got bugger all bar news on between 6 & 7 and you’re up to date on the news anyway with the various online outlets.
    House of Games on BBC2 once you've caught the news headlines

Give the Mrs a hand to wash the dishes 😊
    I whips through them during the adverts, while the kettle’s on, two cups of tea then for part two, it’s like clockwork in our house mun

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    House of Games on BBC2 once you've caught the news headlines
    I will not veer from my regular routine, tom tit at 7 when Emmerdale starts, it’s all done with military precision

Gameshow related....

I became best friends with a British TV producer who rocked up in Uganda the same month as me in 2010.

She produced Big Brother and also Love Island for years before moving here.

I had been commissioned to help the country start to curb the mushrooming number of orphanages and address the criminality and trafficking that goes with the 'orphanage' industry, and she had come to essentially help Ugandans start a social work organisation to support families / start a foster care program.

Anyway, due to her connections in TV a few people have supported and become involved in her organisation from that industry... some notable people who, in my opinion, are really incredible people.... Ben Shepard is the nicest person you will ever meet and Richard Osman is every bit as smart as his Pointless persona (and very generous). Also a special mention to Nick Jenkins of Dragons Den / Moonpig fame - he funded my salary for 6 months while we were waiting for some funding to drop.

A special mention to Ann Robinson, who is also involved in the organisation I work for... she's actually very lovely. Finally, non-gameshow related... Paddy Ashdown was a ambassador for our organisation I can't talk highly enough of him. Very sad he passed a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Watching it today, and guy gets asked “ The American Presidents official office in the Whitehouse, is named after what egg like shape?”
    He answers “ The Pentagon !!”
    It cracked me up 😂😂 (pun intended)
    To be fair there are panicky answers and stupid ones and I would classify this as one of the former. It's not always the case but these are usually to be found during Round 2 when the contestants are against the clock and their brains can become scrambled.

I much prefer the really inane answers from contestants who should be ashamed by their profound lack of general knowledge. Would you stand up in front of millions of viewers and display your cerebral ineptitude ? I know I wouldn't !

Still, if they were all Masterminds it wouldn't be such fun. So what if the Himalayas are not in Europe, maybe they should be lol