+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Ninian Park.

  1. #21

    Re: Ninian Park.

    My first thought is Ö.itís gone!!!!

  2. #22

    Re: Ninian Park.

    My first thought, when walking up to the Bob Bank turnstiles, was are they ever going to finish those executive boxes the back of the Canton Stand?

  3. #23

    Re: Ninian Park.

    My favourite memory was (I think) against Mansfield Town.
    The goal area was a mudbath and the opposition goalkeeper was a fuller figured chap.
    The Cardiff fans were giving him a hard time, laughing as he slipped during a goal kick and landed on his backside!
    Then, during one goal kick, some Valleys wag behind me, stood up and shouted "'Urry up......yer fat b***rd"!

  4. #24

    Re: Ninian Park.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    My favourite memory was (I think) against Mansfield Town.
    The goal area was a mudbath and the opposition goalkeeper was a fuller figured chap.
    The Cardiff fans were giving him a hard time, laughing as he slipped during a goal kick and landed on his backside!
    Then, during one goal kick, some Valleys wag behind me, stood up and shouted "'Urry up......yer fat b***rd"!
    I remember when we played Mansfield on a Friday night in 1992. Big crowd of 7500. The weather was really foggy, and had trouble watching the game

  5. #25

    Re: Ninian Park.

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    The rust

    The commentary box in the Bob bank when we played leeds

    The rush from the Grange end when we scored
    Phil Suarez going mental when we played swansea "get off the pitch"

    Giving John hartson so much abuse when he played or West Brom about his wife "shagging someone else" that he was subbed
    Radio Ninian, the lads in white coats walking the perimeter of the ground with their "Backpack Hot Water Dispensers" for your OXO, tea or coffe and last but certainly not least, the Alphabet A to Z on the Bob Bank Wall.

    I miss emm all, sad I know!

  6. #26

    Re: Ninian Park.

    Iíve got so many happy memories.

    The old Grange End with the wooden floor that away fans had to walk under. I loved the stamping of feet on that floor.

    The Golden Goal tickets

    The little tannoy announcers box between the Grange and Grandstand

    Little triangles of Orange SquashÖ i keep forgetting the brand

    Sitting next to my Dad (who died last year) in the Canton Stand watching the Wrexham FA Cup game Ö he was so nervous he used it as an excuse to start smoking again (as if he ever stopped)

    Meeting my pals under the gantry on the Bob bank.

    I loved that ground

  7. #27

    Re: Ninian Park.

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I’ve got so many happy memories.

    The old Grange End with the wooden floor that away fans had to walk under. I loved the stamping of feet on that floor.

    The Golden Goal tickets

    The little tannoy announcers box between the Grange and Grandstand

    Little triangles of Orange Squash… i keep forgetting the brand

    Sitting next to my Dad (who died last year) in the Canton Stand watching the Wrexham FA Cup game … he was so nervous he used it as an excuse to start smoking again (as if he ever stopped)

    Meeting my pals under the gantry on the Bob bank.

    I loved that ground
    I can’t ever remember away fans walking under us

  8. #28

    Re: Ninian Park.

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I can’t ever remember away fans walking under us
    Neither can I.
    I mean think about it - if as an away fan, you had to walk under that bouncing, piss sodden Grange-End.. you'd be mentally scarred for life!

  9. #29

    Re: Ninian Park.

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    When you think about the old ground, whatís the first thought that comes into your head?
    For me, itís the Captain Morgans Rum advertising on the roof.
    atmosphere

  10. #30

    Re: Ninian Park.

    This thread is missing some pictures

    cityskyline.jpg

  11. #31

  12. #32

  13. #33

  14. #34

    Re: Ninian Park.

    I remember it being impossible to watch a match from the front of the Enclosure until i was about sixteen .

  15. #35

    Re: Ninian Park.

    The camber on the pitch.
    The greenness of the grass.
    How bright the whole pitch looked under those immense floodlights.
    "Captain Morgan Rum".

  16. #36

    Re: Ninian Park.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    atmosphere
    Aye, at the majority of games they’d have to play Russ Abbot to get that

  17. #37

    Re: Ninian Park.

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The camber on the pitch.
    The greenness of the grass.
    How bright the whole pitch looked under those immense floodlights.
    "Captain Morgan Rum".
    Was about to mention the camber on the pitch as most had been mentioned but you beat me to it.

    For me I'm not sure it has been mentioned but the smells.
    From a Clarks pie, to the grass when on the Bob Bank terrace to the stale smell of piss at the toilets.

    I'd go back tomorrow. It had character and everything seemed a lot more simple then.

  18. #38

    Re: Ninian Park.

    Camber meaning curve? That's one of the first things I think of. Captain Rum and the scruffy CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB on the front.

  19. #39

    Re: Ninian Park.

    The smell of piss.

    And groups of people who would stand near to you even with acres of space and start smoking

    That's 2.

    Taks it.

  20. #40

    Re: Ninian Park.

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    When you think about the old ground, whatís the first thought that comes into your head?
    For me, itís the Captain Morgans Rum advertising on the roof.
    Space

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •