+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City's woeful striker stats

City's woeful striker stats

So far this season, the only goal scored by a Cardiff City striker was Kieffer Moore's header at Blackpool back in the second week of August. After 13 league and cup matches, the stats for the team's three strikers are as follows:

James Collins - 6 (+7) apps, 0 goals
    Mark Harris - 5 (+4) apps, 0 goals
    Kieffer Moore - 7 (+6) apps, 1 goal

Meanwhile, Isaac Vassell hasn't even managed to make it onto the bench yet, let alone the pitch.

City's strikers made a similarly dismal start to 2016/17 under the management of Paul Trollope. Rickie Lambert scored twice during a 2-1 win at Rotherham in the tenth game of the campaign, but those were the only goals scored by a striker in the first 13 matches.

To put the current striker goal drought into some sort of perspective, these are the numbers of goals scored by City strikers in the first 13 games of each of the previous ten seasons:

2011/12 - 9
    2012/13 - 6
    2013/14 - 4
    2014/15 - 9
    2015/16 - 8
    2016/17 - 2
    2017/18 - 4
    2018/19 - 4
    2019/20 - 7
    2020/21 - 4

This time last season, Kieffer Moore had scored four goals.

Re: City's woeful striker stats

That's why we're not winning.

I'd be interested in the supply to said strikers statistics.

Play Giles on the correct side and the might get some service

When Kieffer put his header wide last night for Wales I blamed Mick McCarthy, as it's his fault Kieffer hasn't had enough chances this season 😁

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

And maybe Jack Byrne on the right????

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Job Done!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So far this season, the only goal scored by a Cardiff City striker was Kieffer Moore's header at Blackpool back in the second week of August. After 13 league and cup matches, the stats for the team's three strikers are as follows:

James Collins - 6 (+7) apps, 0 goals
    Mark Harris - 5 (+4) apps, 0 goals
    Kieffer Moore - 7 (+6) apps, 1 goal

Meanwhile, Isaac Vassell hasn't even managed to make it onto the bench yet, let alone the pitch.

City's strikers made a similarly dismal start to 2016/17 under the management of Paul Trollope. Rickie Lambert scored twice during a 2-1 win at Rotherham in the tenth game of the campaign, but those were the only goals scored by a striker in the first 13 matches.

To put the current striker goal drought into some sort of perspective, these are the numbers of goals scored by City strikers in the first 13 games of each of the previous ten seasons:

2011/12 - 9
    2012/13 - 6
    2013/14 - 4
    2014/15 - 9
    2015/16 - 8
    2016/17 - 2
    2017/18 - 4
    2018/19 - 4
    2019/20 - 7
    2020/21 - 4

This time last season, Kieffer Moore had scored four goals.
    In 2010/11, the trio of Bothroyd, Bellamy and Chopra managed 12. What we'd give for strikers of that quality now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In 2010/11, the trio of Bothroyd, Bellamy and Chopra managed 12. What we'd give for strikers of that quality now.
    They wouldn’t score many in this team.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They wouldn’t score many in this team.
    Yes, I hadn't considered that!

I thought that Mick’s sidekick TC was a striking guru. His record so far is lamentable. By the way where is Vassell and what is wrong with him?. At least we did have some feedback about Tomlin’s injuries but nothing about Isaac. Is he in jail or been sectioned, on an iron lung or has he joined what is left of ISIS?. It would be good if the club gave us some idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    When Kieffer put his header wide last night for Wales I blamed Mick McCarthy, as it's his fault Kieffer hasn't had enough chances this season 😁
    When Kieffer put his header wide last night I thought just another so so Championship striker .

Last year folk were saying what a great job the management team were having on Kieffer, I wonder if the collapse of the Wolves move has effected him ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    When Kieffer put his header wide last night I thought just another so so Championship striker .

Last year folk were saying what a great job the management team were having on Kieffer, I wonder if the collapse of the Wolves move has effected him ?
    It’s gone on too long now LOM, it’s affected not effected for God’s sake!!

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    By the way where is Vassell and what is wrong with him?
    Didn’t he score goals in a couple of the pre-season friendlies or under-23 games? I thought we might get to see him play a bit this season, but as far as I’m aware the manager hasn’t mentioned him in months.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Didn’t he score goals in a couple of the pre-season friendlies or under-23 games? I thought we might get to see him play a bit this season, but as far as I’m aware the manager hasn’t mentioned him in months.
    Im sure ive read somewhere that hes injured again.

It might be an idea to give Simba a go he couldn't do any worse than Collins and Harris who haven't scored any. think Simba has 5 in four games for the under 23s. Not entirely down to the lack of service to the strikers Collins has had at least two almost unmissable chances and missed them a better striker than him would be on 3 goals at least by now. As for Harris he is not a striker he had a poor scoring record at Port Vale Wrexham and Newport at a lower level so no surprise ha can't score many for us.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s gone on too long now LOM, it’s affected not effected for God’s sake!!
    Affect and effect are sooo easy to mix up, i'm the same with there/ their .

I'm sorry to have go it sooo wrong however is this worth pondering :

Affect is usually a verb , and it means to impact or change : . So the impact of not going to Wolves affected him .

Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change: . So the change in his value and status due to Wolves bid effected him .

I should never have left school at 15 for a life in the media , I now know why my early articles were never published thanks for opening my mind

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Charlotte FC in MLS , Cardiff City or home to Shamrock Rovers