+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I always say hello to other City fans

Re: I always say hello to other City fans

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I will always see city shirts in Disney world, we aim for 3 per trip I always Shout " Bluebirds " at them, Had a decent chat to a bloke of here in the Grand Floridian resort last trip, we actually met up and had a beer one night

I always shout " bluebirds " at any Jack shirts I see, always makes me chuckle
    Met a City fan in Sarasota. Went to see him at his house overlooking the Gulf of Mexico.

Img_1766.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    All I can picture is Alan Partridge shouting Dan Dan DAN 🙂
    😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    On holiday in Torremuelle a few yrs ago. The wife is sunbathing on the beach. I decide to go up to the pool for a swim. I’m the only one in there for a while, then this couple get in..I straight away recognise a Keardiff accent. Turns out they were from Pentrebane..
    Cool story bro

I don't think I've ever just bumped into a City fan. I've randomly met a few people from the Cardiff area, none of them cared about the City though. I've also met a few people with Welsh flags or Welsh flag bumper stickers. Not one of them was born in Wales. And if they had a Welsh relative none of them knew where said relative was from. Weak.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't think I've ever just bumped into a City fan. I've randomly met a few people from the Cardiff area, none of them cared about the City though. I've also met a few people with Welsh flags or Welsh flag bumper stickers. Not one of them was born in Wales. And if they had a Welsh relative none of them knew where said relative was from. Weak.
    A lot of people from the Cardiff area don't care about Cardiff City 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Met a City fan in Sarasota. Went to see him at his house overlooking the Gulf of Mexico.

Img_1766.jpg
    Wow

It looks just like adventures Quay down Cardiff Bay

Probably used the same architects?

Back in about 1982 was on a ferry from Athens to Italy, saw a couple of guys with bluebirds tops - they were from Ely.

A roofer wearing the 2007/08 strip on the island of Gozo, Malta in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Cool story bro
    Pissed and lost your dough on the fixed odds again?
    You need to pack both in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    On the opposite side, we did a tour of the Etihad Stadium a couple of years ago. The guides asked if there were any non Man City fans there, so we said we were Bluebirds. Also there were a family of Bristol City fans and a solitary Jack.
    Has anyone else ever met any non-City fans?

The Leadmill Sheffield

Was staying up there with a mate to see a metal band

Was in line waiting to go in , we had beaten the jacks away and the bloke in front of me said to his wife you won't believe how much I hate the jacks

I said same here mate and we both shouted out Bluebirds

It was a moment in life that I will not forget

He was from New Tredegar

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Has anyone else ever met any non-City fans?
    No, can't recognise or talk to them .

I met Cohen Griffith in a Cyprus restaurant, years ago (maybe 92 or 93). I was wearing the old 'Golden Years' t-shirt, and we had a good chat, once he'd finished his meal.
    I spoke to a guy in a City shirt on Gibraltar, again many years ago.

Feedback

Would you say hello to this fella?

Attachment 4600
    Definitely on some kind of register

Would you say hello to this fella?

Attachment 4600
    He looks a wrong un. The sort that pervs over pre-menopausal TV presenters.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He looks a wrong un. The sort that pervs over pre-menopausal TV presenters.
    How on earth did anyone fit through those small turnstiles, we must have been a thinner lot back in the day?

This summer I was in Bridge of Allan - a small town near Sterling, Scotland and I spotted a guy, probably in his 30s, on the other side of the street wearing a City Top - the South Wales Echo one from the early 90s.

To the bemusement of everyone in the street I bellowed "Bloobirds", thinking it would get his attention. He just carried on walking! Partly to increase the embarrassment to my daughter who was with me, I shouted again, even louder. He turned to look at me (as did the whole street ) and I gave a big grin and an enthusiastic , and he just looked at me as though I should be locked up, before turning around an carrying on walking!

The only conclusion that I could think of was that someone has donated him the shirt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Re-sign Carl Dale View Post
    This summer I was in Bridge of Allan - a small town near Sterling, Scotland and I spotted a guy, probably in his 30s, on the other side of the street wearing a City Top - the South Wales Echo one from the early 90s.

To the bemusement of everyone in the street I bellowed "Bloobirds", thinking it would get his attention. He just carried on walking! Partly to increase the embarrassment to my daughter who was with me, I shouted again, even louder. He turned to look at me (as did the whole street ) and I gave a big grin and an enthusiastic , and he just looked at me as though I should be locked up, before turning around an carrying on walking!

The only conclusion that I could think of was that someone has donated him the shirt!!!
    In front of your daughter as well? Mega cringey

im sure you have mentioned this family on here old mostyn boys not sure if you know ron demille passed away

Quote Originally Posted by Re-sign Carl Dale View Post

The same thing has happened to me.
    Doing the ayatollah and getting a no response or a look of disdain.
    How silly you feel.

I suppose if they are mid-convesation or maybe of a nervous disposition it's understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    im sure you have mentioned this family on here old mostyn boys not sure if you know ron demille passed away
    Dennis and Maria's dad ?

Jamaican family , Grangetown wasn't it

She was in my class , lives in Birmingham now

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Dennis and Maria's dad ?

Jamaican family , Grangetown wasn't it

She was in my class , lives in Birmingham now
    there brother i think