+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bellamy

Bellamy

Interesting article here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...mpression=true

If we’re truly looking for a new style he’s the man, looks like the only place he can do it and keep his mental health in a good place is with us too. Would be a shame if past event stop this from happening.

Re: Bellamy

I’d like him here, we need to freshen things up and move away from the old style we are renowned for. When we have little income you need the youth to come through, the jacks probably still get this, we have a few for once, but I reckon it’s the future for us as Tan is never going to dip into his pockets while we have the wrong people continually running the show.

I've never understood why people think he'd be a good manager? on what evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’d like him here, we need to freshen things up and move away from the old style we are renowned for. When we have little income you need the youth to come through, the jacks probably still get this, we have a few for once, but I reckon it’s the future for us as Tan is never going to dip into his pockets while we have the wrong people continually running the show.
    I wouldn't mind being proved wrong on this as I liked Bellamy's football philosophies when he used to be a pundit on Sky. He obviously had a clear, strong ideas how to play. He was able to convey these principles to his players too whilst at City.

I wonder if Tan & co would employ someone who was found to be part of an 'unacceptable environment though? Can't see it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've never understood why people think he'd be a good manager? on what evidence?
    Can't be any worse than the shite we've wasted cash on since malky ripped us off

Think your spot on there is a huge leap from coaching to management ask Trollope who has a better CV than Bellamy and did try and change our style .

I don't buy any of this prodigal son stuff

He's from Cardiff but I dont think , like bale , he was ever really a cardiff fan

He's got a lot of issues going on and I fear that he just isn't cut out for the job

I think his temper would lead to a lot of clashes within the club and within the game

Given Bellamy’s history, you cannot help but think that any attempt at a management career would not end well. I think he’d be just what City need on so many levels, but he’s too much of a risk now.

Pashun

Me neither, not a good man manager, falls out with people left right and centre and is a Liverpool fan not this die hard Cardiffian that people seem to paint him as. Would be an awful appointment

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Pashun
    🤣

He doesn’t seem to go far or to many clubs without some kind of issue following him.

I read something online (no idea if it’s right) but he played most games for Newcastle and then 2nd was his first club Norwich 3rd was us which surprised me.

I thought he might have been a good choice after Harris, I do have concerns that he wouldn’t stay very long mind. With Bellamy I always get the impression it’s never his fault.

Me neither. He's gone from one job to another and he's always left in somewhat controversial circumstances. I understand he's a "character" and supposedly has "passion", those are traits I'd rather see on the pitch, not in the dugout.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Pashun
    Nice with plain rice🙃

Doing well at Anderlecht? Sometimes you just have to take a punt, look at Martinez or Brendan at the jacks for a local ie….he had our youth playing very well too. Im sure there are plenty of other examples around with current managers too. I think his old school disciplined ways will be too much for today’s players, although he was doing very well in Belgium apparently so who knows?

I don’t think it matters if he’s a Cardiff fan or not. When was the last time that we had a manager who was a fan?
    He got as far as assistant manager at Anderlecht, so he must have some ability.
    He quite probably needs some out of the game, though, or else he would surely have stayed at Anderlecht.
    I see him as misunderstood and I wish him well in his recovery.

Imagine having Bellamy as a manager where you worked - still think it would be a good idea? The one thing you want from a manager is consistent and predicable behaviour. He may be knowledgeable and at times inspirational. But surely we want good people rather than brilliant (at times) assholes

I cannot see a scenario where Bellamy would be a good manager

Good coach perhaps but not manager, he would be too volatile for most

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't buy any of this prodigal son stuff

He's from Cardiff but I dont think , like bale , he was ever really a cardiff fan

He's got a lot of issues going on and I fear that he just isn't cut out for the job

I think his temper would lead to a lot of clashes within the club and within the game
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I don’t think it matters if he’s a Cardiff fan or not. When was the last time that we had a manager who was a fan?
    He got as far as assistant manager at Anderlecht, so he must have some ability.
    He quite probably needs some out of the game, though, or else he would surely have stayed at Anderlecht.
    I see him as misunderstood and I wish him well in his recovery.
    It doesn't matter but some are holding up the fact he apparently has some connection to the club as a reason for giving him a crack. He's a mercenary Scouser who moved to us as a stepping stone in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    It doesn't matter but some are holding up the fact he apparently has some connection to the club as a reason for giving him a crack. He's a mercenary Scouser who moved to us as a stepping stone in his career.
    I don't want to piss on anyone's chips here but most professional footballers are mercenaries who move about for their career.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I don't want to piss on anyone's chips here but most professional footballers are mercenaries who move about for their career.
    Didn't say they weren't

I think he took a hit on his wages to come here. It was a big deal for us at the time. Doesn't make him a good manager though

Didn't say they weren't
    So Bellamy had a career plan then which involved coming to City and maximising the opportunities presented to him?

We're holding him to account for having that audacity?

For me he did nothing but good for us in both spells and the emotion the 2nd time when we got promoted seemed genuine

Interesting article on Wales online as to why he returned and the fact that Anderlecht would welcome him back

For me would absolutely love to see him as our manager - don't care who he supports - think it is worth a shout and could be the start of a long term plan - the alternative at the moment with McCarthy is a probable relation scrap

As others have said he seems to have done well at Anderlecht