+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bellamy

Re: Bellamy

Always seems to come back to Bellamy. The guy struggles with his demons, the job would destroy him. And why him and not Eddie Newton, David Hughes, Steve Morison, Mark Hudson- all with much more experience and all balanced characters with a fondness for this club.
    I’m sire we can do even better if just for once we cast the net a bit wider too !

And yeah, I’ve read his book and all the reports of other things he’s been involved in and although I would never write him off completely I’d like to see him show that he can keep a job and control his issues for a while before giving him the most difficult job in Welsh football.

On top of all this I really don’t think the guy himself needs the grief at the moment.

Get him back as a coach, great, but 1st team manager. Not at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    For those who don't understand him or doubt his credentials read his autobiography. It's s great read and shows you why he has everything we need right now in a manager.
    Definitely worth a read.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    It doesn't matter but some are holding up the fact he apparently has some connection to the club as a reason for giving him a crack. He's a mercenary Scouser who moved to us as a stepping stone in his career.
    I suppose the anti Bellamy brigade would prefer Flynn ?
    I think the club and fans will get what they deserve. A safe pair of hands with McCarthy getting a contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    First thoughts were HGV drivers working away from home eating bad food pissing in hedges and all the rest of it. then we got folk who work 12 hour shifts and having to go to food banks on the weekend. For me it sounded like self pity and jumping on the mental health wagon ( it's in vogue these days) lots do it....Bellamy could well afford to have the family near him in Belgium.
    ****ing hell how can someone who works in mental health have this opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    It doesn't matter but some are holding up the fact he apparently has some connection to the club as a reason for giving him a crack. He's a mercenary Scouser who moved to us as a stepping stone in his career.
    A stepping stone? He was already playing at Man City and could have signed for 90% of premier league teams ffs.

It just sounds like you’re pissed off he signed for Liverpool and can’t look past that.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    First thoughts should always be about the persons mental Health issue, not comparing them to others.

I work with mental health everyday - grave schizophrenia, Bi-polar, PDSD etc etc etc. how I read it was he's missing his family because of having to work away from home. First thoughts were HGV drivers working away from home eating bad food pissing in hedges and all the rest of it. then we got folk who work 12 hour shifts and having to go to food banks on the weekend. For me it sounded like self pity and jumping on the mental health wagon ( it's in vogue these days) lots do it....Bellamy could well afford to have the family near him in Belgium.
    Taking into account what you said about Bellamy I think you should seriously reconsider your choice of career, in fact I think its rather concerning that you are working in mental health with your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I think whisperer knows more about it than most
    Updated……I’d like to think whisperer would know more about it than most

Because for me a lot of celebrities are making a mockery out of folk who suffer with grave mental health problems.

Because for me a lot of celebrities are making a mockery out of folk who suffer with grave mental health problems.
    How does it make a mockery out of them?

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Taking into account what you said about Bellamy I think you should seriously reconsider your choice of career, in fact I think its rather concerning that you are working in mental health with your opinions.
    I do very well in my career thank you very much but I don’t subscribe to everyone who rocks up saying they have mental health issues it makes a mockery to those who have.

I do very well in my career thank you very much but I don’t subscribe to everyone who rocks up saying they have mental health issues it makes a mockery to those who have.
    How do you judge who has genuine mental health issues and who doesn’t?

You don’t think bellers has? Because he had money? He didn’t have money when he left home at 15

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You don’t think bellers has? Because he had money? He didn’t have money when he left home at 15
    I left home at 15 mate…not because I had somewhere to go but because my old mum was struggling to look after me so it was the best option. It’s not about having money. Sometimes it’s about counting your blessings you’ll be surprised how a gratitude list can bring you out of a cloud.

I left home at 15 mate…not because I had somewhere to go but because my old mum was struggling to look after me so it was the best option. It’s not about having money. Sometimes it’s about counting your blessings you’ll be surprised how a gratitude list can bring you out of a cloud.
    What a load of old bollocks

How do you judge who has genuine mental health issues and who doesn’t?
    In Bellamy case…I’ve never sat down with him so I get it second hand through a news rag which is a bit suspicious for a start. Genuine mental health can be assessed after a couple of sittings, and some folk may just be down on their luck or things are not going their way and feel low but it’s not mental health.
    How do you do it ?

What a load of old bollocks
    Oh mister know it all strikes again.

Oh mister know it all strikes again.
    Says the man assessing if someone’s mental health is genuine via tabloid newspapers.

Says the man assessing if someone’s mental health is genuine via tabloid newspapers.
    Not assessing giving an opinion like everyone else on here….let’s see what comes out in the wash.

.Bellamy could well afford to have the family near him in Belgium.
    I understand that he’s no longer in a relationship with the mother of his youngest, she was hardly likely to move to Belgium under those circumstances.

Not assessing giving an opinion like everyone else on here….let’s see what comes out in the wash.
    I think people are surprised that someone who works in a mental health field would even have a mental health "opinion" on another person they don't know.

Spotted the Craig in Porthcawl , looking good , with a very nice looking younger lady ,he was pushing 6 month year old in a buggy .

What do you mean come out in the wash? Are you expecting Bellamy to open a box with his genuine mental health status like deal or no deal or something?

I just don’t understand how someone who has had struggles with mental health and who works in mental health can be so dismissive.

I work with mental health everyday - grave schizophrenia, Bi-polar, PDSD etc etc etc. how I read it was he's missing his family because of having to work away from home. First thoughts were HGV drivers working away from home eating bad food pissing in hedges and all the rest of it. then we got folk who work 12 hour shifts and having to go to food banks on the weekend. For me it sounded like self pity and jumping on the mental health wagon ( it's in vogue these days) lots do it....Bellamy could well afford to have the family near him in Belgium.
    Stunned to hear you work in mental health with an attitude like that, no wonder the mental health services are a joke in this country.

Is it being suggested that Bellamy is faking having mental health issues? Wouldn't that in itself be a mental health issue?