Originally I thought he would make a poor manager as he has the knack of falling out with people and was/is a volatile character that would not be a good fit for developing youth or getting the best out of senior players. However, he has played for the best team in the land, has worked with youth at Anderlecht - a team who prides itself on developing players and has worked alongside Vincent Kompany who by all accounts has done a good job in Belgium. I'm now coming around to the view that Bellamy should be given a chance at some point.

He's unlikely to leave a job in a City which he is obviously attached to and has the drive and knowledge to develop youth and get the best out of the limited players we have at our club. It's worth a shot at some point - but not necessarily now - especially if we become seriously threatened with relegation. However, first I would like to see any managerial change accompanied by changes at the top in the whole way in which the club buys and develops players.