+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bellamy

Re: Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What do you mean come out in the wash? Are you expecting Bellamy to open a box with his genuine mental health status like deal or no deal or something?

I just don’t understand how someone who has had struggles with mental health and who works in mental health can be so dismissive.
    Washing your dirty laundry in public was meant by coming out in the wash, I’m sure it won’t be the last article we’ll read… personally I’ve never had any mental health issues, my issues were all about addiction, yes a little obsession of the mind but nothing like hearing voices or a chemical imbalance.

Or normalising talking about mental health issues by discussing it in the media. It just sounds like you hate Bellamy and want to discredit anything he does.

Addiction can be a mental health can’t it? I can’t believe you work in mental health with the way you talk about it on here.

Or normalising talking about mental health issues by discussing it in the media. It just sounds like you hate Bellamy and want to discredit anything he does.

Addiction can be a mental health can’t it? I can’t believe you work in mental health with the way you talk about it on here.
    There you go again Mr know it all - i said I work with Mental Health not in Mental Health, it sounds like you do to me what you accuse me of doing to Bellamy. and you been doing it for years.

Addiction can have underlining mental health issues but it’s not necessarily a mental health issue an example being heavy drinking will make you depressed because guess what —- it’s a depressant.

Working mental health adjacent is it?

That doesn't change the point does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Washing your dirty laundry in public was meant by coming out in the wash, I’m sure it won’t be the last article we’ll read… personally I’ve never had any mental health issues, my issues were all about addiction, yes a little obsession of the mind but nothing like hearing voices or a chemical imbalance.
    Doesn’t drinking to excess cause mental health issues? Partic since the age of 11 like you say you did? Leaving h8me at 15? Homeless in London? Begging, picking up fag buts, detox here and there? Youve done well to avoid any mental health issues dealing with all that shit….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Doesn’t drinking to excess cause mental health issues? Partic since the age of 11 like you say you did? Leaving h8me at 15? Homeless in London? Begging, picking up fag buts, detox here and there? Youve done well to avoid any mental health issues dealing with all that shit….
    Like I said earlier goats that was addiction and once I came out of it there was no underlining mental health, bit like someone who’s smoked cigarettes for 25 years they stop and it’s as you were.

I just like to add that yeah I was wrapped up in addiction but it weren’t all doom and gloom I was involved in a fashion business 82-87 which turned over £3m and had a fab time.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Read what I post before commenting, might be better moving forward. Some fans hold him up as a good manager due to the fact they see it as some big home coming. I've pointed out that this is bollox as he's a big Liverpool fan. That's it, if you want to argue whether footballers are mercenaries or not I'm sure someone else will oblige
    He supported Liverpool and City.
    When we played Southampton first game of the season about 15 years ago I was just started seeing a new girlfriend and wanted to go to the match so I booked 2 places in the old canton stand for the pre match meal to keep her sweet.
    She hated football.
    When I got there noticed Bellamy was booked onto our table and was gutted when his uncle and nephew turned up.
    He was at West Ham at the time and after saying he could go as they had a pre season friendly on the Friday before he picked up a knock and was told he had to go in for treatment on the day of our match.
    Talking to his uncle he told us most of the family were city fans including Bellamy.
    Plus do you think he would have gone to any other championship team other than us When he did?
    There was only one reason for that even after Gary Speed advised him not to drop into the championship.

Guys who think he's not a City fan read his book. Yes he supports Liverpool but he supports us too. You have no idea what you're on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Guys who think he's not a City fan read his book. Yes he supports Liverpool but he supports us too. You have no idea what you're on about.
    If you were a 'real City fan', you would know no 'real City fan' would entertain having any affinity with any other club, unless that club is of course Chasetown FC, as endorsed by 'real City fans'.

Hope that clears that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    If you were a 'real City fan', you would know no 'real City fan' would entertain having any affinity with any other club, unless that club is of course Chasetown FC, as endorsed by 'real City fans'.

What if they don’t have a Hull ticket stub?

What if he grew up supporting Liverpool because all the kids at school did but also got into city because his old man took him? Who honestly gives a **** either way.

What if he grew up supporting Liverpool because all the kids at school did but also got into city because his old man took him? Who honestly gives a **** either way.
    I was taking the piisss butt.

I'm with you on this.

Some on here are quick to call others over supposed support of other clubs, whilst for a while there was an utter waankfest going on for Chasetown.

Need a sarcastic ****er emoji on this messageboard.

I was taking the piisss butt.

I'm with you on this.

Some on here are quick to call others over supposed support of other clubs, whilst for a while there was an utter waankfest going on for Chasetown.

Need a sarcastic ****er emoji on this messageboard.
    Mental init.

I never really got the Chasetown love-in, a non-league team that welcomes city fans to spend money in the clubhouse shocker

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I never really got the Chasetown love-in, a non-league team that welcomes city fans to spend money in the clubhouse shocker
    They had that really good FA cup run, we beat them, then roundly patronised them just like the rest of the sports media while they were on their successful FA cup run. If they'd have beaten us, no doubt they'd be a bunch of *****.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-links-2093623

It wasn't the deepest of love-ins, but there was a connection between the two clubs (and some of the fans) for a good few years after the cup tie. Banners and return visits, and some inexpensive support (like Taffs Well) from the bigger club to the smaller. All part of the 'football family' story. Sentimental maybe, manufactured in part (but some of it was genuine), but no need to sneer.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-links-2093623

It wasn't the deepest of love-ins, but there was a connection between the two clubs (and some of the fans) for a good few years after the cup tie. Banners and return visits, and some inexpensive support (like Taffs Well) from the bigger club to the smaller. All part of the 'football family' story. Sentimental maybe, manufactured in part (but some of it was genuine), but no need to sneer.
    Not sure where I Sneered ? ? ?? maybe you could read my post again

I never really got it, that's all