+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mike Ashley

Mike Ashley

Rumours are that he's being transferred to Derby County as their new owner.

Would you welcome him here?

Re: Mike Ashley

NO!

Feedback

Mike Ashley netted £300m from selling Newcastle. If he pays the going rate for Derby, he'll be left with £300m.

NO!

Nah stick with Tan

No, happy with Tan.

I don’t think Mike Ashley is as bad as made out though

I don't want to get burned, even it means keeping up with the Tan

Might as well consider Deadly Doug or Alan Sugar.

I don't want any Tory donors here.

From the outside looking in it appears to me that Mike Ashley has been guilty of trying to run Newcastle in a sustainable manner. Not been interested in looking into this any further but is there more to the hatred that Newcastle fans have for him?

Don’t worry, he won’t come here, as the club shop haven’t got any XXXL shirts in stock

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney Phil View Post
    From the outside looking in it appears to me that Mike Ashley has been guilty of trying to run Newcastle in a sustainable manner. Not been interested in looking into this any further but is there more to the hatred that Newcastle fans have for him?
    Being born about 300 miles south of Newcastle for starters. Those Saudis sound more Geordie than him

If getting burned is mainly being a Premier League club then yeah I'd take it over a Chairman whose aim is just to stay in the Championship while cutting costs left, right and centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney Phil View Post
    This is the way I have always viewed Ashley and the Newcastle situation, again from afar.

I'm not a fan if him nor his business model but as for running Newcastle football club, the fans' dislike for him for not trying to keep up with the MU, Liverpool and Man Citys of this world is unjustified IMHO.

He's probably not a lot different from VT in that respect although you could argue his choice of manager during his tenure has been a little wiser