+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58847275

So many factors in play around the world life is going get more expensive.

Re: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

Don’t forget the NI hike, Council Tax increases and increased utilities costs.
    If we have a particularly cold winter this year a lot of people are going to be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

its all the Tories Fault

Hopefully food prices will be a blip but I very much doubt prices will fall at the same rate they will be going up when the various crisis are over.

However, there does appear to be a lack of a coherent plan to move the country forward (not just after brexit) that are causing the non-food increases in the UK.

The recent deal with Norway was a step forward but we should be moving our economy and country to a future that doesn't rely on us importing petrol, diesel and gas and towards producing our own clean electricity; it's crazy we aren't working on tidal energy as it is far more reliable than wind and solar plus it's on all four sides of the UK.

The money being wasted on HS2 could totally revolutionise our energy grid, housing and vehicle charging infrastructure whilst creating jobs throughout the UK not just in a corridor between London and Brum.

Food is a more difficult fix however it is easy to fix the lack of employees here to pick the food we grow and to drive the lorries to move it around the UK. However, any companies that import workers must train up an equivalent number of UK people to eventually take up those roles. Then any quotas can be tapered over time.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its all the Tories Fault
    Just wondering, was your attitude the same towards the Labour Government in 2008 or was that all their fault?

its all the Tories Fault
    Even if its not their fault only ***** vote for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Don’t forget the NI hike, Council Tax increases and increased utilities costs.
    If we have a particularly cold winter this year a lot of people are going to be in trouble.
    At least if we have a particularly cold winter electricity bills will drop, on account of there being no electricity..

Wherever you look there's a storm brewing. Across the 'western world'. 20 plus years of bad, lazy government[s], strong on rhetoric but short on sensible and practical ideas, are beginning to have an effect. Nothing seems quite right anymore. Companies that have lost £millions since they started and are never likely to go into profit are worth £billions. Even China is facing a £5 trillion property -related nightmare.

its all the Tories Fault
    Or Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Wherever you look there's a storm brewing. Across the 'western world'. 20 plus years of bad, lazy government[s], strong on rhetoric but short on sensible and practical ideas, are beginning to have an effect. Nothing seems quite right anymore. Companies that have lost £millions since they started and are never likely to go into profit are worth £billions. Even China is facing a £5 trillion property -related nightmare.
    I would add that some companies made many millions/ billions in those very same 20 years of competitive free markets ,wonder where that dosh is now 🤔 ?

its all the Tories Fault
    Your chaps have had a decade plus now

We are out of Europe

It's certainly not Labour's fault , is it ?

Or Brexit
    I think that's right

It's a bit of both

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Even if its not their fault only ***** vote for them.
    It is their fault

Universal credit?

1000 quid a year for some , wiped out

Utter bastards

Hopefully those who voted for them and yet again have been crapped on will think twice

its all the Tories Fault
    It’s not their fault but they’re not minimising the impacts fairly

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It is their fault

Universal credit?

Utter bastards

Hopefully those who voted for them and yet again have been crapped on will think twice
    Did they need to raise it in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We’ve profited for years off our unfair leverage of the poor. Both domestically and internationally. Now the west is looking for a more egalitarian society we’ve got to pay for it a different way.

It is their fault

Universal credit?

Utter bastards

It was increased as a result of the pandemic, alongside things like furlough and loads of other support. Are you saying that there should be no emergency support for families in times of crisis?

You can see it all here: https://tradingeconomics.com/commodities

Some of the rises are eye watering. Not uncommon in certain sectors at various points of crisis (like oil price in the middle east if there s a war etc) but the rises across the board are startling.

Numerous factors, but the over-riding one is a global economy that shutdown and then re-started, with everyone scrambling for a finite amount of gas, corn, coal, shipping containers, steel etc etc at the same time.

Since the start of 2021..

Brent Oil up 62%
    Natural GAs up 125%
    Gasoline up 70%
    Propane up 126%
    TTF Gas up 358%
    Steel up 40%
    Coal up 198%
    Tin up 80%
    Lithium up 254%
    Coffee up 54%
    Sugar up 31%
    Oat up 80%

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It was increased as a result of the pandemic, alongside things like furlough and loads of other support. Are you saying that there should be no emergency support for families in times of crisis?
    A few pages back you were claiming the COVID additional funding for the NHS was meeting the Brexit bus £350m funding lie!

You seem to like emergency funding when it suits your argument and political view, but dislike it when it doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A few pages back you were claiming the COVID additional funding for the NHS was meeting the Brexit bus £350m funding lie!

You seem to like emergency funding when it suits your argument and political view, but dislike it when it doesn’t.
    No I didn't.

I said increases in the NHS budget since 2016 have, even allowing for inflation, increased the NHS budget by more than £350m a week. And they have. Thats nothing to do with Covid.

I also don't object to the UK govt keeping the U/C uplift (my ex kids benefit from it too). I'm just saying, it was increased as a result of the pandemic, as a temporary uplift. Temporary solutions, by definition don't last.

No I didn't.

I said increases in the NHS budget since 2016 have, even allowing for inflation, increased the NHS budget by more than £350m a week. And they have. Thats nothing to do with Covid.

I also don't object to the UK govt keeping the U/C uplift (my ex kids benefit from it too). I'm just saying, it was increased as a result of the pandemic, as a temporary uplift. Temporary solutions, by definition don't last.
    I meant ex and kids btw...just to clarify..

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Did they need to raise it in the first place?
    Yes

It's feck all to live on anyway

I don't remember saying that ? 🤔

In fact there hasn't been enough emergency support

20 quid might be feck all to you

No I didn't.

Yes you do , help when I suits your horrible capitalist ways , everyone else can piss off and sink

This is a dual poster and I know who it is

Yes you do , help when I suits your horrible capitalist ways , everyone else can piss off and sink

This is a dual poster and I know who it is
    Jesus christ mun