+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

Re: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No I didn't.

I said increases in the NHS budget since 2016 have, even allowing for inflation, increased the NHS budget by more than £350m a week. And they have. Thats nothing to do with Covid.

I also don't object to the UK govt keeping the U/C uplift (my ex kids benefit from it too). I'm just saying, it was increased as a result of the pandemic, as a temporary uplift. Temporary solutions, by definition don't last.
    The thing is , you have defined it to suit your agenda

The 80 quid a month increase was what it should have been in the first place

Benefits have been frozen for years under the tory lot

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yes

It's feck all to live on anyway
    Depends on how you view benefits and social security

To me it should be ensure the absolute basics but that's it. A roof over your head, a house warm enough to live and enough food so you don't go hungry. UBI looks at it another way - if you side with that more fair enough.

Jesus christ mun
    I knew it was you, it's obvious

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

To me it should be ensure the absolute basics but that's it. A roof over your head, a house warm enough to live and enough food so you don't go hungry. UBI looks at it another way - if you side with that more fair enough.
    It doesn't even provide for the basics

Are you aware of the attacks on the benefits system by the Conservatives?

Do you know anything about benefits ?

If you do then you will know people on them are having their bollocks squeezed by these utter bastards in government

Life of luxury my arse

Thats what people think it is

Hold on I have to read this again

So .....a woman who previously earned good money and paid her taxes working as a lawyer gets injured in a car crash, other drivers fault

She can't work anymore

So she should live a basic life on whatever benefit you want to name .......the main ones will be PIP and ESA .......and thats it then ?

That's the society you want is it ?

Kin hell get out of here

I knew it was you, it's obvious
    I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about, but it's a bit creepy.

The thing is , you have defined it to suit your agenda

The 80 quid a month increase was what it should have been in the first place

Benefits have been frozen for years under the tory lot
    No, there is no redefining anything. The NHS budget, excluding inflation, is more than £350m a week higher than it was in 2016.
    You can work it out yourself here if you like. This is England only, but Wales, Scotland and NI get the same equivalent increase to spend as they like. The evil fascist Tory scum did also give a seperate huge uplift due to Covid, but that's seperate figures.
    https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/project...ell/nhs-budget

I don't necessarily disagree with you that benefits could, maybe should be higher, but that doesn't change the fact that the uplift was temporary and govts have to be able to do things temporarily sometimes. I bet they wish they didn't bother now.

Benefits haven't been frozen. We spend £212bn on benefits now. Was £148bn under the last Labour government.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ure-in-the-uk/

It's one thing to oppose a political party, but you can't just make stuff up. It's the equivalent of you wandering around shouting "SWANSEA CITY ARE IN THE VAUXHALL CONFERENCE" you may wish it was so, but reality says otherwise.

No, there is no redefining anything. The NHS budget, excluding inflation, is more than £350m a week higher than it was in 2016.
    You can work it out yourself here if you like. This is England only, but Wales, Scotland and NI get the same equivalent increase to spend as they like. The evil fascist Tory scum did also give a seperate huge uplift due to Covid, but that's seperate figures.
    https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/project...ell/nhs-budget

I don't necessarily disagree with you that benefits could, maybe should be higher, but that doesn't change the fact that the uplift was temporary and govts have to be able to do things temporarily sometimes. I bet they wish they didn't bother now.

Benefits haven't been frozen. We spend £212bn on benefits now. Was £148bn under the last Labour government.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ure-in-the-uk/

It's one thing to oppose a political party, but you can't just make stuff up. It's the equivalent of you wandering around shouting "SWANSEA CITY ARE IN THE VAUXHALL CONFERENCE" you may wish it was so, but reality says otherwise.
    I know who you are , you ain't kidding me

You realise that the overall spend on benefits might have risen but that benefits were frozen for many years after the last Labour government ?

Unless you want to deny that George Osbourne froze benefits ?

Good luck 👍

Slowly Slowly catchy monkey

I know who you are , you ain't kidding me

You realise that the overall spend on benefits might have risen but that benefits were frozen for many years after the last Labour government ?

Unless you want to deny that George Osbourne froze benefits ?

Good luck ��

Slowly Slowly catchy monkey
    Nah, sorry, spending on benefits has still risen in real terms. Some benefits may well be frozen, but it's gone on other forms of it, or pensions etc etc.
    https://obr.uk/forecasts-in-depth/br...fare-spending/

These are just facts.

Hold on I have to read this again

So .....a woman who previously earned good money and paid her taxes working as a lawyer gets injured in a car crash, other drivers fault

She can't work anymore

So she should live a basic life on whatever benefit you want to name .......the main ones will be PIP and ESA .......and thats it then ?

That's the society you want is it ?

Kin hell get out of here
    They are a safety net that's all

Instead, more money should be given to the schools of those families to ensure the children are not unfairly punished

Nah, sorry, spending on benefits has still risen in real terms. Some benefits may well be frozen, but it's gone on other forms of it, or pensions etc etc.
    https://obr.uk/forecasts-in-depth/br...fare-spending/

These are just facts.
    Forget the state pension , that's the biggest benefit of them all

You are an imposter and I know who you are

They are a safety net that's all

Instead, more money should be given to the schools of those families to ensure the children are not unfairly punished
    So someone who is disabled ......and it ain't gonna get better and they have problems getting about .......money for them to live a decent life is a safety net ?

Good god

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Jacob Rees Mogg , he knows about hardship

Working class accent if I ever heard one

So someone who is disabled ......and it ain't gonna get better and they have problems getting about .......money for them to live a decent life is a safety net ?

Good god
    Just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it

I grew up on a council estate, many in my family claimed benefits including disability allowance as you've mentioned. I've lived it.

I've also seen far too many take the ****.

In my opinion support the ones that need supporting - in my opinion the kids in school.

As above no issue if you don't agree with me, that's what the elections are for

Forget the state pension , that's the biggest benefit of them all

You are an imposter and I know who you are
    You don't, and I've already said you are being creepy there.

I don't even know why you are talking about benefits - this was a thread about global commodity prices

You don't, and I've already said you are being creepy there.

I don't even know why you are talking about benefits - this was a thread about global commodity prices
    Lol I can tell by your flowing style of spreading horsemuck

You lot are in charge

Your show

Just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it

I grew up on a council estate, many in my family claimed benefits including disability allowance as you've mentioned. I've lived it.

I've also seen far too many take the ****.

In my opinion support the ones that need supporting - in my opinion the kids in school.

As above no issue if you don't agree with me, that's what the elections are for
    So you think there should just be a safety net for disabled people and that this safety net shouldn't be too much and that disabled people shouldn't have the right to even a modest life ? It should just be basic ?

And this safety net .......how long are you going to allow people who are disabled to claim it ?

3 years ?

People don't grow new legs if they lose them in a fall or car crash

You lot are testing disabled people every 3 years to see if .......they have improved ?

Tell me you are kidding me

The issue is that people take the pee put of benefit systems

not sure anyone has any issues with the genuine people who need help, of course we should have that safety net, some do pretty decently out of it though

Its the people who take the pee out of it, Ive worked on council estates as a chippy and they were on every street, the guy who can't work as he has a back back yet goes out and helps his " mate " to lay a patio

And this safety net .......how long are you going to allow people who are disabled to claim it ?
    As long as they need

People don't grow new legs if they lose them in a fall or car crash

You lot are testing disabled people every 3 years to see if .......they have improved ?
    Can people with 1 leg never work again? A bit insulting

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The issue is that people take the pee put of benefit systems

not sure anyone has any issues with the genuine people who need help, of course we should have that safety net, some do pretty decently out of it though

Its the people who take the pee out of it, Ive worked on council estates as a chippy and they were on every street, the guy who can't work as he has a back back yet goes out and helps his " mate " to lay a patio
    No the issue with Tories is that they create a culture that means people like you think there is someone on every street claiming when they shouldn't. That bollocks .

The rate of benefit fraud is less than 1 percent

Probably a lot less than builders who don't declare jobs . Know what I am saying ?

There are people who don't like people getting a level of help they think is too much ...in other words a disabled bloke should only get a basic income ......well surely someone with a disability should have a decent living wage ?

How much do you think someone on benefits who is for example disabled gets a year ?

It's not .......doing very well out of it ......put it that way

As long as they need

Well that's not the case at the moment with the people you vote for so you better vote for someone else or make sure you don't get ill

People with disabilities have to prove they are disabled and cannot work

Then 3 years down the line this disabled person , no legs , blind , muscular dystrophy , multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy , schizophrenia, manic depression .........has to prove that their disability that is never going to get better .......hasn't got better !

Can people with 1 leg never work again? A bit insulting
    OK, no legs and blind in one eye after a bomb blew them up in Iraq

50 percent burns after a road crash

Fibromylagia

Chronic fatigue syndrome

You think these people should be working and if they cannot they should only get a basic wage ?

Who are you to say to a soldier who has served his country but suffers from ptsd that he should try and work and if he can't he will be on money just enough to get by ?

If you suffered an accident the likes of you would be begging for a decent standard of living

What a selfish society we live in

Did they need to raise it in the first place?
    No they didn’t need to but the undertakers would have been pleased.

No the issue with Tories is that they create a culture that means people like you think there is someone on every street claiming when they shouldn't. That bollocks .

The rate of benefit fraud is less than 1 percent
    Ive seen it with my own eyes, its not that uncommon, I worked on VOG / Cardiff and Bridgend Councils as a Chippy ( Bridgend was only for a few months, the others were for years , so I have hardly been hoodwinked by the Tories to think that, and as it goes at the time of me working for the councils I was voting Labour or Plaid

as a side note, from a quick google

Universal credit accounted for £6bn of the estimated £8.5bn of “overpaid” benefits in 2020-21

Fraud levels in England, Wales and Scotland reached a historic high, with universal credit fraud up five percentage points to nearly 13%

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Ive seen it with my own eyes, its not that uncommon, I worked on VOG / Cardiff and Bridgend Councils as a Chippy ( Bridgend was only for a few months, the others were for years , so I have hardly been hoodwinked by the Tories to think that, and as it goes at the time of me working for the councils I was voting Labour or Plaid

as a side note, from a quick google

Universal credit accounted for £6bn of the estimated £8.5bn of “overpaid” benefits in 2020-21

Fraud levels in England, Wales and Scotland reached a historic high, with universal credit fraud up five percentage points to nearly 13%
    So what is your answer? Penalise those who are entitled to claim?