+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

It tickles me how obsessed Tory sympathisers are with people "taking the piss" out of the benefit system: are they envious? If you can't beat them, join them but understand these so called "benefit scroungers" are willing to accept a much lower quality of life than most of us would want for ourselves.

Someone mentioned theres about £69 billion going to waste on benefit fraud but how do they think they would personally benefit if that were eradicated? If they think the Tories would put it to good use then they are surely going to be sorely disappointed. That money would likely end up in Tory friends and donor's pockets.

The reality is there always has been and always will be a sub class of unemployed and unemployable people but the difference is that in the past those people and their family either perished or turned to crime and prostitution to survive. Looking at it that way, I reckon that £69 billion is a fair investment in order to keep us all safer and happier.

Re: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It tickles me how obsessed Tory sympathisers are with people "taking the piss" out of the benefit system: are they envious? If you can't beat them, join them but understand these so called "benefit scroungers" are willing to accept a much lower quality of life than most of us would want for ourselves.

Someone mentioned theres about £69 billion going to waste on benefit fraud but how do they think they would personally benefit if that were eradicated? If they think the Tories would put it to good use then they are surely going to be sorely disappointed. That money would likely end up in Tory friends and donor's pockets.

The reality is there always has been and always will be a sub class of unemployed and unemployable people but the difference is that in the past those people and their family either perished or turned to crime and prostitution to survive. Looking at it that way, I reckon that £69 billion is a fair investment in order to keep us all safer and happier.
    What frustrates me about posts like this is how it tries to present party politics as some kind of disney film, with goodies and baddies. Listening to some people talk about Tories is like listening to Tommy Robinson talk about Islam, or Rev Ian Paisley talk about catholic republicans.

The very benefits system you (rightly) cherish has been run by the Tories for almost twice as long as it has Labour.

The very NHS you (rightly) cherish has been run by the Tories for almost twice as long as it has Labour.

Surely if there is a child you are proud of then you at least recognise the role of the parent who has looked after them the most?

This isn't a defence of the Tories, it's a plea for reasoned debate and less punch and judy bullshit.

There are differences between the parties, but nothing as stark as people make out, and in most cases governments would make the same decisions. Labour dont support benefit fraud any more than the Tories do, and they would both want to crack down on it and make sure it goes to those who most deserve it.