+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A few pages back you were claiming the COVID additional funding for the NHS was meeting the Brexit bus £350m funding lie!

You seem to like emergency funding when it suits your argument and political view, but dislike it when it doesn’t.
    No I didn't.

I said increases in the NHS budget since 2016 have, even allowing for inflation, increased the NHS budget by more than £350m a week. And they have. Thats nothing to do with Covid.

I also don't object to the UK govt keeping the U/C uplift (my ex kids benefit from it too). I'm just saying, it was increased as a result of the pandemic, as a temporary uplift. Temporary solutions, by definition don't last.

Re: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    No I didn't.

I said increases in the NHS budget since 2016 have, even allowing for inflation, increased the NHS budget by more than £350m a week. And they have. Thats nothing to do with Covid.

I also don't object to the UK govt keeping the U/C uplift (my ex kids benefit from it too). I'm just saying, it was increased as a result of the pandemic, as a temporary uplift. Temporary solutions, by definition don't last.
    I meant ex and kids btw...just to clarify..