+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

Re: Global Prices Rises On Many Commodities

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Am only messing, to satire the poor state of debate sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It might not effect you, as you might not need them, but it might play on your conscience, as them people cheating the system are taking money that could be given to the genuine people who need it, who knows ? ?
    It wouldn't play on my conscience as the government could chuck more money at it and at the same time I feel good that people are managing to get more than the scandalously low level of benefits the government dishes out.

However I take your point but don't you think that the majority of people who fret about these things are not so concerned about "genuine" people missing out on benefits but are driven more by envy towards some people not having to work?

By the way, the one area of genuine benefit fraud I agree should be treated very seriously is systematic abuse by setting up false names and multiple accounts etc. That is reprehensible.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Ive seen it with my own eyes, its not that uncommon, I worked on VOG / Cardiff and Bridgend Councils as a Chippy ( Bridgend was only for a few months, the others were for years , so I have hardly been hoodwinked by the Tories to think that, and as it goes at the time of me working for the councils I was voting Labour or Plaid

as a side note, from a quick google

Universal credit accounted for £6bn of the estimated £8.5bn of “overpaid” benefits in 2020-21

Fraud levels in England, Wales and Scotland reached a historic high, with universal credit fraud up five percentage points to nearly 13%
    Careful if you point certain things your labelled as a Tory and your right there is abuse of welfare claim systems someone pointed put thee is only 1% of benefit fraud , well that percentage that has been captured .

One case I know of is someone who decided not to work anymore in her middle 60's ,she voluntary retried from NHS, took pay off/ pension , lives in a household with her working partner ( not married ) mortgage paid for she has recently been diagnosed with fibrous well after leaving work and is fully mobile , she claims benefits (Compassionate Allowances) as does her son who doesn't live there for caring for her , once you enter the benefit scheme other benefits do flow through .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Careful if you point certain things your labelled as a Tory and your right there is abuse of welfare claim systems someone pointed put thee is only 1% of benefit fraud , well that percentage that has been captured .

One case I know of is someone who decided not to work anymore in her middle 60's ,she voluntary retried from NHS, took pay off/ pension , lives in a household with her working partner ( not married ) mortgage paid for she has recently been diagnosed with fibrous well after leaving work and is fully mobile , she claims benefits (Compassionate Allowances) as does her son who doesn't live there for caring for her , once you enter the benefit scheme other benefits do flow through .
    Compassionate allowances?

I think you will find when you are on benefits others are actually taken away from you

How much money should people get?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How much money should people get?
    Minimum wage

If people who are working can demand 9 quid an hour why do disabled people for example get nowhere near that through the benefits system ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Minimum wage

If people who are working can demand 9 quid an hour why do disabled people for example get nowhere near that through the benefits system ?
    Jesus ****ing Christ.

I'm done

Jesus ****ing Christ.

I'm done
    So what do you as someone who earns money think someone who is disabled and unable to work should get to live on ?

6 pounds an hour ?

You asked the question

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So what do you as someone who earns money think someone who is disabled and unable to work should get to live on ?

6 pounds an hour ?

You asked the question
    I was asking what people thought they should get.

I didn't ask myself did I.

People that go to work earn money, for example someone that is paid a day rate of £120 will cover that in the amount of work they do, someone paid 9 quid an hour on a production line will cover a certain amount of work during their shift to cover their wage and make the company a profit.

Paying people 9 quid an hour, from where BTW? Why does someone not going to work deserve the same as someone leaving the house to work 40 hours a week, maybe commuting 10 on top and add on their unpaid breaks, why leave the house 10 hours a day when you could just claim?

You are living in a fantasy land.

That'll be all from me on this can't be arsed to read you repeat yourself over and over the way you do.

I was asking what people thought they should get.

I didn't ask myself did I.

People that go to work earn money, for example someone that is paid a day rate of £120 will cover that in the amount of work they do, someone paid 9 quid an hour on a production line will cover a certain amount of work during their shift to cover their wage and make the company a profit.

Paying people 9 quid an hour, from where BTW? Why does someone not going to work deserve the same as someone leaving the house to work 40 hours a week, maybe commuting 10 on top and add on their unpaid breaks, why leave the house 10 hours a day when you could just claim?

You are living in a fantasy land.

That'll be all from me on this can't be arsed to read you repeat yourself over and over the way you do.
    I am talking about people who have disabilities, a huge proportion of those on benefits

They cannot work in many cases and if they cannot then they deserve to get a living income , which is what people on the minimum wage get

It's called being a civilised society

People on benefits unable to work through ill health might not be producing things or doing things but they may be living with pain , all day , everyday , isolation and may not be able to get about

So a pain the arse journey to work and having to do over time is with respect the least of their worries .

We can afford to pay decent income to people on benefits , it's that we have elected a tosspot government that chooses not to do so. We can afford to pay billions for a nuclear missile yet we can't pay disabled people a decent income ?

I think that's appalling

Some poor sod develops multiple sclerosis in his mid thirties yet he shouldn't have a living income ?

Kin hell