+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fulham Away Tickets

Fulham Away Tickets

The email from the club states:

*Tickets will firstly become available to current Season Ticket Holders and Club Members who have attended 2+ away league fixtures during the 2021/22 season.
    *Further selling criteria will be determined by the number of remaining tickets.

So as an Away Member who does not qualify for the criteria above, how am I supposed to know when I am eligible to buy? The club used to give time windows in which fans with different levels of eligibility were able to buy but this method seems very odd and open ended, and not especially fair.

Have I missed something?

Re: Fulham Away Tickets

Your options are:
    1. Wait for a further e-mail when the criteria change (if they can be arsed to send one).
    2. Check the website daily for news of the criteria changing (if they can be arsed to update it).
    3. Buy in the Fulham end (but only if you have a previous purchase history or buy a membership).
    4. Not bother with this fixture.

First Team

Do they not have the neutral zone anymore?

I used this the last few times we have played there.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Your options are:
    1. Wait for a further e-mail when the criteria change (if they can be arsed to send one).
    2. Check the website daily for news of the criteria changing (if they can be arsed to update it).
    3. Buy in the Fulham end (but only if you have a previous purchase history or buy a membership).
    4. Not bother with this fixture.

Thanks.

I noticed that the FAW had very specific buying rules for tickets for the Wales game away to Czech Republic based on eligibility, but down to 2 hourly slots! Which made it very straight forward for everyone.

We used to do something similar (not down to hours though!) so why not anymore?

Poor.

Not having a time window is pretty poor, especially as fans may have to make arrangements to take time off work to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Thanks.

I noticed that the FAW had very specific buying rules for tickets for the Wales game away to Czech Republic based on eligibility, but down to 2 hourly slots! Which made it very straight forward for everyone.

Poor.
    I'm in the same position.

Why would you give detailed sales criteria that made sense to everybody looking to buy and then just stop doing it? It makes no sense to do so but to those at Cardiff City.

Thanks.

Poor.
    I agree it is really poor but it seems to be the current approach regarding "engagement" with fans - minimum information as late as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Do they not have the neutral zone anymore?

I used this the last few times we have played there.
    No, probably due to the rebuilding work there.
    Some fixtures are designated as "restricted" ticketing so you need a previous purchase history or have to buy a membership to get a ticket in their end.
    This includes our fixture.

Not sure what Fulham's away capacity is but given that it is a midweek fixture and our current form is terrible I would be surprised if this one was even close to being a sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Not sure what Fulham's away capacity is but given that it is a midweek fixture and our current form is terrible I would be surprised if this one was even close to being a sell out.

It’s always well supported by Bluebird exiles

It is quite something, at a time when it is easier than ever to get updates out, to have actually gone backwards as a club in this area.

It takes a while to plan for away games never mind midweek games with time off work and the like. Once again City show no thought for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It is quite something, at a time when it is easier than ever to get updates out, to have actually gone backwards as a club in this area.

It takes a while to plan for away games never mind midweek games with time off work and the like. Once again City show no thought for the fans.
    I thought that I'd got used to it, but as you say, this is quite something to regress from what was a reasonable system previously.

I have emailed the ticket office - maybe there are circumstances that we are unaware of. It will be a shame to have forked out £100 to renew our memberships and then not be able to get tickets!

And as I write, the ticket office have replied!

'Fulham away will be on sale tomorrow online and over the phone from 10am to season ticket holders and members who haven't attended any away fixtures this season.'

And as I write, the ticket office have replied!

'Fulham away will be on sale tomorrow online and over the phone from 10am to season ticket holders and members who haven't attended any away fixtures this season.'
    Thanks for posting that.

Looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Away capacity is reduced to 1600 and there’s no neutral end because of the building work. Even still I can’t see a sellout

All that moaning for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Not at all.

It transpires that most of us felt hard done by but we know more now as a result.

But thanks for your very constructive comment anyway

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Harsh...

Why do we still have away membership - I notice that a lot of clubs don't charge a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Why do we still have away membership - I notice that a lot of clubs don't charge a fee.
    Don't get me started on this.....

(am I right in saying that it was introduced years ago - was it the Sam Hammam era? - as a way to try and monitor our less desirable fans? I have always thought it a rip off, to charge fans for the privilege of being able to buy tickets, the other 'benefits' of Membership being completely insignificant. That said, I recall raising my objections before and lots of people here - who attend home games mostly I suspect - just didn't get it....)

Don't get me started on this.....

(am I right in saying that it was introduced years ago - was it the Sam Hammam era? - as a way to try and monitor our less desirable fans? I have always thought it a rip off, to charge fans for the privilege of being able to buy tickets, the other 'benefits' of Membership being completely insignificant. That said, I recall raising my objections before and lots of people here - who attend home games mostly I suspect - just didn't get it....)
    Yeah I think it’s really unfair and during Covid there was nothing back from the club like a discount on a ifollow game for the ones who had paid £25 membership.

£30 a ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    £30 a ticket!
    Thank fu

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    £30 a ticket!
    Just to add insult to injury.

So with memberships that will cost £220 for 4 of us. :-o