+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Russell Slade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Russell Slade

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    If lower league players can get something then that will be great
    Will it? Why? There is more data out there for the premier league players so presumably they’d get more. The players don’t own this data. Gathering performance stats requires effort and the players don’t do it. If they don’t want the data gathered they could always refuse entry to these guys/refuse television games/refuse to play. Otherwise what is happening here is entirely fair.

These companies sell this data and analysis back to the clubs theese players play for. The clubs could always do it themselves but that would be inefficient.

Re: Russell Slade

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Will it? Why? There is more data out there for the premier league players so presumably they’d get more. The players don’t own this data. Gathering performance stats requires effort and the players don’t do it. If they don’t want the data gathered they could always refuse entry to these guys/refuse television games/refuse to play. Otherwise what is happening here is entirely fair.

These companies sell this data and analysis back to the clubs theese players play for. The clubs could always do it themselves but that would be inefficient.
    playing devil's advocate, google or facebook almost certainly have a lot of information about me that requires effort to gather and I don't do it - that doesn't mean that I don't have any rights over my own personal data