+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 8.20am, at the CCS on Sunday for Abertawe Town !!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

8.20am, at the CCS on Sunday for Abertawe Town !!!!!!

I’ll still be in bed

4 hours for a 40 mile trip !!!!!

Re: 8.20am, at the CCS on Sunday for Abertawe Town !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’ll still be in bed

That's because due to the petrol crisis transport is via rickshaw.

Thats ridiculous. I cycled to Swansea from Cardiff last Sunday morning in under 4 hours. Couldn't use the motorway either 🙄

Missed this. Why would it take 4 hours? Is it just a lot of waiting around for ticket exchange etc?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’ll still be in bed

Only did this trip one never again
    I live between Neath and Swansea and had to drive to the CCS to catch a bus to a stadium about 6 miles from my house and then go back to CCS to pick my car up - all to be held up in the industrial park for ages, treated like lowlifes and then go home again

Not worth it

Punishment for THAT song

If Newcastle v Sunderland , United v Leeds can be policed then either we are the maddest fans in the world or the police here are crap

Worst away trip going. Convinced the only people who go this have either never done it before or have some kind of perverse love for being treated like a criminal

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Worst away trip going. Convinced the only people who go this have either never done it before or have some kind of perverse love for being treated like a criminal
    Agreed!
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I’m amazed that some folk will still pay hard cash for such an event, getting treated worse than a prisoner of war aswell as Having to look at swansea people

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’m amazed that some folk will still pay hard cash for such an event, getting treated worse than a prisoner of war aswell as Having to look at swansea people
    I look back fondly on the trips to the Vetch in the 80s and even when we were banned in the 90s I still got in there (Stant - chest out after his volley - priceless)

I've been a few times since the Liberty move but not for a few years now - really can't be doing with that nonsense

Interestingly my boys who are late teens early 20s and like an away trip have absolutely no interest in going either which says it all for me

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I look back fondly on the trips to the Vetch in the 80s and even when we were banned in the 90s I still got in there (Stant - chest out after his volley - priceless)

I've been a few times since the Liberty move but not for a few years now - really can't be doing with that nonsense

Interestingly my boys who are late teens early 20s and like an away trip have absolutely no interest in going either which says it all for me
    It does say it all. I did about 9 visits to the vetch, free train, usually nipped in for free too…couldn’t be dealing with today’s shananigans it’s easier getting into the USA

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If Newcastle v Sunderland , United v Leeds can be policed then either we are the maddest fans in the world or the police here are crap
    There was plenty of trouble before the ManU Leeds game in August.
    Difference being that it doesnt get on the news.
    If our trip west wasnt a bubble we'd soon be front page news, not just back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    There was plenty of trouble before the ManU Leeds game in August.
    Difference being that it doesnt get on the news.
    If our trip west wasnt a bubble we'd soon be front page news, not just back.
    Well it appears there were scuffles

But if the only way of travelling is by coach then it's absolutely pathetic to have people meeting at 820 am for a lunchtime kick off 45 minutes away

Bit of a Liberty the whole experience
    I agree with Nobody’s Rep
    We were kept in an industrial estate - I think LLansamlet for over an hour and the rozzers wouldn’t let anyone off their coaches for a piss
    Total nightmare and a complete breach of your human rights 🥺😩

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

We were there behind the goal when stantona scored

It was a coach only trip

I can understand it being coach only , it means all police resources can keep fans apart and it's no good having 500 city fans arriving in Swansea by train using up other resources and having 2 flashpoints

But ff sake having EVERYONE meet so early at the stadium , including people from port Talbot for example , at such an early time is stupid .

If it is to be a coach only trip there should be several pick up points and people in Bridgend should have 2 coaches , 1 for pontypridd etc , in addition to the main fleet from Cardiff

It's pathetic

Fans from Port talbot Rhondda Aberdare etc don't have to get on at the stadium now if they book up with their local supporters groups.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Fans from Port talbot Rhondda Aberdare etc don't have to get on at the stadium now if they book up with their local supporters groups.
    Well that's a start

But they still have to be in the Liberty at a stupid time so the rendezvous point is at a silly time

It could easily be cut by an hour at the least

As you get older and maybe a little wiser you realise this nonsense is never worth it.