+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: SWANSEA CITY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: SWANSEA CITY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Based on the game against us? As already stated in this thread, we make mediocre players/teams look good, I feel that was the case with Paterson yesterday.

I'd prefer to go with the judgment of his former club, Bristol City, who decided he was no longer good enough (for a desperately poor Bristol City!) not based on one game but after nearly five seasons at the club.

Swansea signed him as a free agent and only offered him a 12-month contract. They probably only took a punt on him because he's mates with Korey Smith and Liam Walsh who are ex_Bristol City and currently with Swansea.

Too many times in the past we've signed players who scored against us and they turned out to be duds.
    Ain't that the truth. Could be a thread of it's own.

Off the top of my head, I remember Alan Lee giving our decent defence at the time the runaround early one season at Rotherham.
    Pretty ordinary for us.

Re: FT: SWANSEA CITY 3 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ain't that the truth. Could be a thread of it's own.

Off the top of my head, I remember Alan Lee giving our decent defence at the time the runaround early one season at Rotherham.
    Pretty ordinary for us.
    The one that springs to mind for me is Gavin Gordon. He scored two goals against us for Lincoln during a midweek game and on the strength of that, we signed him for a then club-record fee of 550K just two weeks later. It never really worked out for him with us, too many injuries.