+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A couple of goals for Caleb Hughes for Wales Under 19s.

A couple of goals for Caleb Hughes for Wales Under 19s.

Mixed results for Wales yesterday. The Under 21s were hammered 5-0 by the Netherlands. George Ratcliffe played in goals and Isaak Davies was an unused sub, but Sam Bowen wasn't in the matchday squad which has me wondering whether he has picked up an injury while he was away - let's hope not.

The Under 19s finished third in their mini tournament in Norway behind winners Georgia and the host nation following a 3-0 win over Kosovo in their final match - City's Caleb Hughes scored twice, while Taylor Jones came on as a second half sub.

Re: A couple of goals for Caleb Hughes for Wales Under 19s.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mixed results for Wales yesterday. The Under 21s were hammered 5-0 by the Netherlands. George Ratcliffe played in goals and Isaak Davies was an unused sub, but Sam Bowen wasn't in the matchday squad which has me wondering whether he has picked up an injury while he was away - let's hope not.

The Under 19s finished third in their mini tournament in Norway behind winners Georgia and the host nation following a 3-0 win over Kosovo in their final match - City's Caleb Hughes scored twice, while Taylor Jones came on as a second half sub.
    I watched the U21s match. The Netherlands were a class apart. Ratcliffe had a good game in goal despite the loss. I notice Paul Bodin is the team's manager. As with Page managing the first team, maybe we need someone decent in there to bring the team on. Or is he doing a good enough job?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I watched the U21s match. The Netherlands were a class apart. Ratcliffe had a good game in goal despite the loss. I notice Paul Bodin is the team's manager. As with Page managing the first team, maybe we need someone decent in there to bring the team on. Or is he doing a good enough job?
    Our results haven’t been great in this group, a 0-0 draw and 1-0 loss to Moldova, the defat yesterday and the stand out result, a 4-0 win in Bulgaria. I didn’t see yesterday’s game, but I disd watch the loss in Moldova and a fair bit of the earlier game between the sides in the summer - I can’t say I was very impressed.

Mark McGuiness scored for Ireland u21s last night (from centre back). Bagan played too, at left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Mark McGuiness scored for Ireland u21s last night (from centre back). Bagan played too, at left back.
    Dont give Mick ideas, Kieffer might be injured.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Our results haven’t been great in this group, a 0-0 draw and 1-0 loss to Moldova, the defat yesterday and the stand out result, a 4-0 win in Bulgaria. I didn’t see yesterday’s game, but I disd watch the loss in Moldova and a fair bit of the earlier game between the sides in the summer - I can’t say I was very impressed.
    I post on a Welsh forum and regular watchers of the under 21s aren't at all impressed with Bodin. Most want him gone.

He's hamstrung a little by some good available players being with the seniors, but there's still plenty of talent in that squad and he should be doing better

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I post on a Welsh forum and regular watchers of the under 21s aren't at all impressed with Bodin. Most want him gone.

He's hamstrung a little by some good available players being with the seniors, but there's still plenty of talent in that squad and he should be doing better
    Yes, that's my feeling. With what he had at his disposal, we should have done better than a 5-0 loss to the Dutch. They were excellent, because we made them look excellent. Without Ratcliffe in goal it could have easily been double that score.

Yes, that's my feeling. With what he had at his disposal, we should have done better than a 5-0 loss to the Dutch. They were excellent, because we made them look excellent. Without Ratcliffe in goal it could have easily been double that score.
    there is some serious talent in that Dutch line up

look at where the Dutch players are all playing, and how many senior appearances they all have.
    or even look at the comparative values of the teams on transfermarkt. they have a really really strong side