+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CARDIFF 55

CARDIFF 55

This morning I received a devastating phone call that Tony Holloway aka Cardiff 55 had passed away on Monday.
    Tony had been a keen City fan since the late 60s and I think he once told me his favourite season was the 75/6 promotion season.
    I met him in the mid 80s due to our interest in programme collecting and have been friends ever since.
    I never really went to matches with him as he always preferred to sit in the grandstand. That is until this season when I went to the stadium with him for the 2 friendlies and the Caraboa cup ties. I will cherish those memories.
    I will miss you old friend. Sincere condolences to his family. R.I.P.

Re: CARDIFF 55

Very sad news. He was posting here less than a week ago. Condolences to all his family and friends.

Sorry for your loss and condolences to his family and friends.
    RIP Bluebird Tony.

This is shocking news. I was in contact with him on Monday regarding the forthcoming auction of some 1920s Cardiff City programmes. He was a great bloke who was very knowledgeable on all things Cardiff City. Condolences to his family. RIP. Tony

Sorry for the loss of your friend. RIP Bluebird

R.I.P Tony

Sad to hear.

RIP Tony and condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Tony.

Rest In Peace Bluebird

That's sad to hear. RIP Tony.

RIP Tony I had great pleasure meeting him when I sold you some old programmes.

RIP bluebird

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Very sad loss. RIP Bluebird.

RIP Bluebird.

Such sad news. A regular poster on here and joined this messageboard back in 2007 like me (he might have even joined before that date).

RIP Tony

Met him a couple of times through the Trust and was quite often in touch with him by e-mail. On a personal level, I very much appreciated that he was someone on here who often answered, nearly always correctly, questions in the seven decades quiz on the blog. I can also remember him offering his extensive collection of City memorabilia to help with my research for the books I did.

Such a shock to learn of his passing, condolences to his family and friends.

How sad to read this.

R.I.P. Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled of Llanishen View Post
    This morning I received a devastating phone call that Tony Holloway aka Cardiff 55 had passed away on Monday.
    Tony had been a keen City fan since the late 60s and I think he once told me his favourite season was the 75/6 promotion season.
    I met him in the mid 80s due to our interest in programme collecting and have been friends ever since.
    I never really went to matches with him as he always preferred to sit in the grandstand. That is until this season when I went to the stadium with him for the 2 friendlies and the Caraboa cup ties. I will cherish those memories.
    I will miss you old friend. Sincere condolences to his family. R.I.P.
    As a fellow collector Id known Tony for many a year. Constantly had banter with him over the years and was a good friend. I was? devastated to hear that he passed on Monday as I had the only spoken to him days before.

RIP Tony

Like everyone else here, shocked to hear the news. I only knew him as a regular well informed poster.
    I am sure that the OP will pass on the many messages of condolences to his family.

Very Sad to read that.
    RIP

Very sad news indeed. R.I.P Tony
    Spedger

Very sad news indeed. R.I.P Tony
    Spedger