+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: DVLA Adding To HGV Shortages

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: DVLA Adding To HGV Shortages

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I said that I believe private sector offices are generally more full than public sector. And that is my experince. Are you really saying that you think that is wrong?
    I don't have a firm opinion either way as the evidence is unclear.

One thing I will say, though - at the behest of the Tory government, the work of the entire civil service has become increasingly digitalised in recent years and a far greater percentage of civil servants are now working at home either mostly or entirely. There was a very clear drive towards this situation long before Covid-19 reared its ugly head, and in some respects the pandemic has actually slowed the move towards remote working for various departments, including the one I work for.

What annoys me TLG is that you label me ignorant when it's basically your personal experience vs. mine. I would never call you (or anyone else) ignorant for expressing their experiences as they see it.

Here is at least one article that does back up my experience by the way.

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk-cities-m...easing-1239719

It's dated from last week, it uses data compiled by Google and it actually cites Cardiff specifically stating:

"Cardiff had the greatest drop in people in the workplace, with a 47 per cent fall. Edinburgh came second with a 44 per cent cut, followed by London, at 40 per cent."

And, in respect of why this may be:

"Ben Bolton, director of Cooke & Arkwright, the largest firm of independent commercial property advisers in Wales, was not surprised that Cardiff had suffered the highest decline.

He said the city had a high proportion of public-sector workers, who were more likely to work from home due to budget constraints making it more difficult for the workplace to be made Covid-secure."

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    What annoys me TLG.....
    I'll be honest, I couldn't care less what annoys you.

Have a good evening. I'm off to a gig, Covid passport in hand. I don't need it for the office, though.