+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else weirdly confident about Sunday?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is anyone else weirdly confident about Sunday?

And about the upcoming fixtures (bar Fulham) in general?

Yes we are on a diabolical run of form, and I'm less than 'meh' about the man in charge, yet I just feel there's a good run coming from somewhere! Our friends down west are just as terrible as us and we seem to have finally scrapped the 5 at the back while playing some good stuff against Reading. The international break probably couldn't have come at a better time.

There isn't a strong basis on why (probably more out of hope!), yet I just feel we will get the job done Sunday, and pick up some good results in the next 6.

Re: Is anyone else weirdly confident about Sunday?

Great to see such positivity and optimism.

Wish I could share it.

Reading performance was much improved - but still little evidence we have remembered how to score at one end and keep the ball out of our net at the other.

[QUOTE=jon1959;5233509]Great to see such positivity and optimism.

Wish I could share it.

Reading performance was much improved - but still little evidence we have remembered how to score at one end and keep the ball out of our net at the other.

plus I think if you discuss with Pearce, Reading had virtually a “second string” side out against us, so the 1-0 defeat at home was probably very poor.
    I am not confident against the Swans. As bad as they are I think they are a better side than city.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Great to see such positivity and optimism.

Wish I could share it.

Totally agree. We will be lucky to come away with a 0-0 draw.
    Spedger

No.

No.

More so I guess than before the Reading game as at least it was a good performance.

But no...If I were to put money on it, I'd say two defeats and McCarthy gone after Fulham away

I guess fewer people share my optimism than I'd originally thought

It's more a sneaking suspicion than anything else I must admit, and I do think Mick really needs to go (I do think however our problems are much deeper rooted than our man at the helm). But in any case, with a better shape and Ralls back in the team I think we are more than capable of getting some results in. Like I said I don't think the break could've been any better timed for us. Here's hoping anyway!

I don’t see us getting anyfink out of the game.
    The trouble with winning it is that it gives McMick an excuse to stay!

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
    I guess fewer people share my optimism than I'd originally thought

It's more a sneaking suspicion than anything else I must admit, and I do think Mick really needs to go (I do think however our problems are much deeper rooted than our man at the helm). But in any case, with a better shape and Ralls back in the team I think we are more than capable of getting some results in. Like I said I don't think the break could've been any better timed for us. Here's hoping anyway!
    Why do people seem to think Ralls is going to have a positive effect on our performance?
    Our midfield has been distinctly average to poor for a number of seasons, Ralls has been a part of that.

I've seen nothing to give me optimism.

Only hope I have is that Swansea try to impose their beautiful passing at the back and either do that solely for 90 minutes or are sloppy with it if we actually press.

Can see a drab 1 nil. Let's hope for us.

I have hardly any enthusiasm for this game, don't know if it's because i'm ridiculously busy, or the shit that we've been served up has finally worn me down, maybe a combination of the both. I'm just not feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Why do people seem to think Ralls is going to have a positive effect on our performance?
    Our midfield has been distinctly average to poor for a number of seasons, Ralls has been a part of that.
    Because hes better than Vaulks. Hes our best midfielder. Id take distinctly average over whats been served up recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I have hardly any enthusiasm for this game, don't know if it's because i'm ridiculously busy, or the shit that we've been served up has finally worn me down, maybe a combination of the both. I'm just not feeling it.
    If we win (BIG 'if'), we'll all be bouncing and over this messageboard like a rash!
    It's in us, we love nothing better than putting one over those lot from out west.

Nevertheless, the build up to this game and a few of the more recent derbies has been tepid - I suspect that's down to the "shit that we've been served up and has finally worn us all down".
    I'm a firm believer that things go in cycles. We surely can't keep on going like this, there has to be light at the end of the tunnel, hasn't there... or is that light an oncoming train?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Because hes better than Vaulks. Hes our best midfielder. Id take distinctly average over whats been served up recently.
    Being better than Vaulks is hardly a glowing endorsement.

Two very poor teams. I’m expecting a 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Two very poor teams. I’m expecting a 0-0
    ahhh feck off . Swansea are much better than us and you know it

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Up to a few weeks ago, Swansea were bottom on many KPIs including shots, shots on target and chances. Don’t let a blip of form make you think they’re anything good.

I feel a strange confidence .

Wonder if we may be a bit more hungry to win , if you look at the last 5 results of each club we may have had welcomed the break more, having lost 5 on the trot and shipping 12 goals , they were starting to recover with D.L.W.L.D shipping 8 .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I feel a strange confidence .

Wonder if we may be a bit more hungry to win , if you look at the last 5 results of each club we may have had welcomed the break more, having lost 5 on the trot and shipping 12 goals , they were starting to recover with D.L.W.L.D shipping 8 .
    I feel the league title beckons with those stats.

I feel so confident of the coming weeks ...

I think we may well get a point.

In reply to the OP's question, absolutely not. Would be delighted to be proved wrong though!

3 of our next 5 games are against teams in the top 6 so I’m not confident of going on a run anytime soon.

Against the Jacks though I don’t think sneaking a win is too unlikely. I wouldn’t say I'm confident of it, but I do think it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    You called it right, sadly.

Sky love showing local derbies thinking they'll be great games, full of passion, excitement and goals. Quite often they're dull affairs and this will be another.
    0-0