+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sunday lunch this weekend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sunday lunch this weekend

Any good places in Cardiff to go for Sunday lunch and watch the game on a big screen or at least a decent sizes TV?

Been a long time since I've been out for Sunday lunch but got relatives visiting this weekend and the only way I'll see the game is by booking a place where the game is on.

Re: Sunday lunch this weekend

Get to the Claude at opening time 12pm. Amazing carvery they do and hardly anyone in there if u go when it opens at 12pm

The Claude - that's a good shout. Most places serving Sunday lunch aren't likely to have the footie on - another one is The Three Horseshoes, but the food is just okay there. Depends what sort of meal you want, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The Claude - that's a good shout. Most places serving Sunday lunch aren't likely to have the footie on - another one is The Three Horseshoes, but the food is just okay there. Depends what sort of meal you want, I guess.
    Hopefully not humble pie.

Nothing wrong with Steve Marriott.

I just looked at booking a table in the Claude and it looks fully booked all afternoon Sunday. Does anyone know if they keep any tables for walk up only?

Quote Originally Posted by nearly 40 View Post
    I just looked at booking a table in the Claude and it looks fully booked all afternoon Sunday. Does anyone know if they keep any tables for walk up only?
    I don't think they're taking bookings anymore and, as others have said, it's usually pretty quiet at that time.

If you decide to come then say hello to your fellow City fans sat in what used to be the lounge/oak room!

They don't usually take bookings. I go most weeks at 12.00 even when city are playing and it's pretty quiet to start but after 12.30 it gets busy.
    Opens doors at 12.00. If you get at door 11.55. You'll get a table no problem

I think the Queens Vaults do Sunday lunches, and definitely show the football, don't know what the food is like though.

Don't ruin your family lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    ^^^ This

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    ^^^ This
    Just imagine spitting your roast potato out, as the third Abertawe Town goal goes in