+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Terry Connor

Terry Connor

I have barely heard Terry Connor (TC) speak before - bar I think one Wolves press conference when he was temporary manager after Mick was sacked - but he comes across very well in the second club profile for Black History Month:

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...2021-tcs-story

Dave Bennett was the first of (I think) four profiles planned on the club website. Also an interesting watch.

Re: Terry Connor

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have barely heard Terry Connor (TC) speak before - bar I think one Wolves press conference when he was temporary manager after Mick was sacked - but he comes across very well in the second club profile for Black History Month:

Dave Bennett was the first of (I think) four profiles planned on the club website. Also an interesting watch.
    The problem with TC is that he appears to be a bloody useless striking coach given the striker stats that were recently highlighted on this board!!

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    The problem with TC is that he appears to be a bloody useless striking coach given the striker stats that were recently highlighted on this board!!
    It's not him is it, we have been awful upfront long before he joined, apart from last season when Moore hit 20+, TC was here too.

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    Whats that got to do with this thread

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Typo - I should have said Gary Bennett was the first profile/interview.

He talks about Dave, Man City, Cardiff, Sunderland, Len Ashurst, role models, equality campaigns, and what it was like to be amongst such a small group of black players in the game 40 years ago.

What about the excellent Clive Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's not him is it, we have been awful upfront long before he joined, apart from last season when Moore hit 20+, TC was here too.
    I thought he was name dropped as being responsible for our strikers performances and doing good work with Mark Harris or something along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Agreed, Collins has missed two or three absolute sitters this season, but I can’t remember Moore or Harris doing the same - it’s harsh to hold someone, who’s only been here about nine months, responsible for the fact that, Moore and Zohore apart strikers have struggled to find the net at Cardiff over the past decade. A lack of creativity which has meant we’ve struggled to score from open play is the reason our forwards don’t score enough - Lord knows what the figures would have looked like without Whitts.